2024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships Lineup Announced | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships Lineup Announced

skatingguy

On the Ice
Can't quite understand why Neset/Markelov are skating as Juniors again at Nationals they have nothing to gain with another Junior Title they are already Senior ready as the JGPF has shown.
Skating at the senior level would require a new rhythm dance - the elements are very different - since they have no chance to go to a Senior ISU Championship they might as well focus on the Junior World Championships.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can't quite understand why Neset/Markelov are skating as Juniors again at Nationals they have nothing to gain with another Junior Title they are already Senior ready as the JGPF has shown.
They don’t have a junior world medal. I’m assuming they want to grab that. And then move to an ever growing and crowded field of ice dance for the USA.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
NGL, my first thought when reading this was...

"You better remember their names"

And then I had to post it because it's a top-tier Dad joke 😜

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom

Winning another junior national title wouldn't be a waste of time. It would be a fantastic achievement.
Why would they bother changing the rhythm dance (and wasting a lot of practice time in the run up to junior worlds) just for nationals?
Focusing on a getting a high score and winning a medal at junior worlds would give them the best possible start to their senior career as it'll up their ranking and earn them grand prix assignments.

A handful of teams may have done junior and senior the past couple of years but they all had a realistic chance to compete at big championships (and most had competed senior earlier in the season).

Last edited: