2024 Winter Youth Olympic Games | Jan 27 - Feb 1 | Page 65 | Golden Skate

2024 Winter Youth Olympic Games | Jan 27 - Feb 1

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
Jackie Wong wrote about it here for 2022, so maybe they'll apply it here too?

• Highest total team points from the two best places; if still tied, then:
  • Highest total segment scores of the current segment of the two best places according to team points; if still tied, then:
  • Highest total team points from the three best places; if still tied, then:
  • Highest total segment scores of the current segment of the three best places according to team points
  • If still tied, then a tie will actually happen and all tied teams qualify for the final

So it looks like Korea 5 + 3 is higher than Canada 5 + 2 for two best places, so that's how that tie break is working now.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
When forming the intermediate and final result, in case of a tie between Teams, the tie breaking procedure
will be used taking into consideration:
a) In case of a tie, the tie breaking procedure will be used, taking into consideration the two (2) best places
of the concerned teams in different categories. The highest total team points from the two (2) best places
will prevail and the respective places will be recorded accordingly.
b) If ties persist, the highest total segment scores of the two (2) best skaters/couples forming the tie will
prevail and the respective places will be recorded.
c) If there is still a tie, the teams which are tied will receive the same place

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Jackie Wong wrote about it here for 2022, so maybe they'll apply it here too?

So it looks like Korea 5 + 3 is higher than Canada 5 + 2 for two best places, so that's how that tie break is working now.
you beat me to it :)

but with China, it would be Canada with 5+ 2 ? most likely.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
you beat me to it :)

but with China, it would be Canada with 5+ 2 ? most likely.

Yeah, Canada has a big advantage over China with the 5 points from pairs and being able to drop ice dance if Kaiya gets 4th. So they'd have 5 + 2, while China's best 2 placements could be 3 + 3 if they get 3rd in women and US gets 2nd.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Yeah, Canada has a big advantage over China with the 5 points from pairs and being able to drop ice dance if Kaiya gets 4th. So they'd have 5 + 2, while China's best 2 placements could be 3 + 3 if they get 3rd in women and US gets 2nd.
If it's the same panel, Sherry is probably the skater with Inga who had the least numbers of calls.. so this may be helpful for Canada.

zebobes

Final Flight
So, basically, Canada is on the verge of either getting bronze or fourth again? This seems like deja vu.... Hopefully ISU's math is actually working right this time!

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
For me it is easy. I don't care who wins, I just want everybody to go clean.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
His math isn't working out, Korea will likely get 13 points, I don't see Sherry Zhang passing Jia Shin. US will likely get 12 points.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
His math isn't working out, Korea will likely get 13 points, I don't see Sherry Zhang passing Jia Shin. US will likely get 12 points.
he thinks that pairs provide free points.. he hasn't realized that it's best 3 events...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
mmm... i see a lot of small jumps here too... perhaps less problematic than Kaiya though