Adeliia Petrosian | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Adeliia Petrosian

Fluture

Record Breaker
That would be awesome but she would probably need a couple of quads for that.. :unsure:

Does she? I was thinking of the Bronze, primarily. Akatieva and Samodelkina are probably locked for Gold and Silver, in whatever way it will end up. If Kamila goes, she‘ll be on the podium, too, but since she‘s a senior domestically and there‘s no Junior Worlds, I thought she might skip it. So, that would leave the Bronze and the best candidates for that (imo) are Berestovskaya and Adelia. Berestovskaya has a quad and great presentation but she also struggles with height and underrotates her jumps a lot and her skating skills aren‘t good. Adelia, on the other hand, is a powerful performer as well, with amazing spins, solid SS and better jumps. She‘d need to be clean but I can see her beat Berestovskaya even with the quad. Right now she‘s just a better skater, even though I like Berestovskaya, too. But maybe that‘s just the fan in me speaking. Or did I forget another quad/3A girl? :unsure:

Also, it‘s not like Adelia‘s never shown us that she could possibly land a quad either. ;)

Azikin

Medalist
Does she? I was thinking of the Bronze, primarily. Akatieva and Samodelkina are probably locked for Gold and Silver, in whatever way it will end up. If Kamila goes, she‘ll be on the podium, too, but since she‘s a senior domestically and there‘s no Junior Worlds, I thought she might skip it.
I think you are forgetting Zhilina.. ;) And Berestovskaya is getting stronger, too...

Azikin

Medalist
Well, Adeliya was little unstable at the cup stages, but she was injured and that took much of the training time from her. But she already landed 4T in training and with her musicality she can be serious competitor.
I certainly hope so. Not to mention she has two very lovely programs this season. ;)

Fluture

Record Breaker
I think you are forgetting Zhilina.. ;) And Berestovskaya is getting stronger, too...
You‘re right, I did. Hm, then her chances are indeed smaller. I still hope she‘ll be able to surprise and win the Bronze. There will be no Junior Worlds but it will set her up nicely for next season... But I suppose a top 5 finish should be good enough, too.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I'm not sure how to explain it but Adeliya reminds me of Zhenya. Maybe it's in the face at certain angles. There was a video I was watching the beginning of it and I thought it was a Evgenia as a kid but it turned out to be Adeliya. I

must say for 13 she has a tremendous feel on the ice with some nice artistry going on.

Junior Russian Nationals might as well be the junior world Championship even without KV Maya and Dasha. So much talent and whoever finishes is 4th or 5th place is special.

Scott512

Record Breaker
You're not alone. When I saw her for the first time I was thinking she looks like mini Evgenia.. 😎
Mini Med!

Is it fair to say Adeliya has more natural artistry and feel on the ice than most EG skaters or most juniors? She so under publicized though I'm afraid she's going to get lost in the shuffle of all the junior Sofias and all the top Russian junior girls. Let's hope not though. AP recently won a stage of the Russian cup series on the junior level and hopefully that will propel her to a very good performance in junior nationals.

There is so a video of Adeliys doing a quad at practice. I suppose that will be a must in her free skate next season.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Similar facial features (reflecting their shared Armenian background) but apart from that, very different in other respects. Adeliya has a strong, compact stockier frame (to me a much closer match in build is Alexandra Trusova's), whereas Evgeniya's was awkward, gangly, "all knees and elbows", which personally I didn't find pleasing to watch (though I realise millions did). Different forelimb: trunk: hindlimb ratios between Adeliya and Evgeniya. Adeliya is very dynamic and controlled on the ice and has simply brilliant musicality. In dynamics, Adeliya's skating also brings to mind Alexandra's, in its projection of power, though Adeliya is clearly already much more accomplished in skating skills than Alexandra was at her age.

Last edited:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Similar facial features (reflecting their shared Armenian background) but apart from that, very different in other respects. Adeliya has a strong, compact stockier frame (to me a much closer match in build is Alexandra Trusova's), whereas Evgeniya's was awkward, gangly, "all knees and elbows", which personally I didn't find pleasing to watch (though I realise millions did). Different forelimb: trunk: hindlimb ratios between Adeliya and Evgeniya. Adeliya is very dynamic and controlled on the ice and has simply brilliant musicality. In dynamics, Adeliya's skating also brings to mind Alexandra's, in its projection of power, though Adeliya is clearly already much more accomplished in skating skills than Alexandra was at her age.
It sounds like AP has a lot of potential. I pretty much see the same things you do Git.
She has nice artistry already. Pretty rare for 13. Our overall skill set is very good.

But the question is can Adeliya hang in there the next couple years with the 2 Sofia's and Veronika who are going to get many huge scores?

Giltedge

Final Flight
It sounds like AP has a lot of potential. I pretty much see the same things you do Git.
She has nice artistry already. Pretty rare for 13. Our overall skill set is very good.

But the question is can Adeliya hang in there the next couple years with the 2 Sofia's and Veronika who are going to get many huge scores?
Yes, it remains to be seen how Adeliya develops over the next season. My impression is that she is being favoured at Crystal in a similar vein to Sofiya A, and not one of the more transient juniors there. She has already achieved some good podiums in smaller competitions.

===============
Here is a short clip of Adeliya in a recent dance step sequence for Alexey Z
(No.1, from 4 secs to 43 secs).

Also keep an eye on Darya Sadkova, no. 3 here. Long flexible limbs a bit like Kamila. I suspect she is going to gain a big following as she develops. She is making waves too, though she is in the next cohort down from Adeliya/Sofiyas/Nika/Liza (level with Luba Rubtsova). Not quite old enough for a fan page yet.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

We will see. Adeliya is amazingly flexible, she is a born dancer close to Anna, she has obvious performance skills, she sounds very intelligent and again similarly to Anna you can see her bright personality in her eyes. Just so far she lacks stability of her jumps and maybe a little more concentration. But that all can be improved. I'm curious when we will see a quad in competition from her.

Giltedge

Final Flight
☄️
Adeliya has amassed her first 5 pages of fandom here in just 6 months, quicker than anyone here that I'm aware of.
Perhaps a rather trivial observation, but still it must say something about the impact her skating is having on people...

==============

udUI4qmKIag.jpg

Adeliya and Luba

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes, it remains to be seen how Adeliya develops over the next season. My impression is that she is being favoured at Crystal in a similar vein to Sofiya A, and not one of the more transient juniors there. She has already achieved some good podiums in smaller competitions.

===============
Here is a short clip of Adeliya in a recent dance step sequence for Alexey Z
(No.1, from 4 secs to 43 secs).

Also keep an eye on Darya Sadkova, no. 3 here. Long flexible limbs a bit like Kamila. I suspect she is going to gain a big following as she develops. She is making waves too, though she is in the next cohort down from Adeliya/Sofiyas/Nika/Liza (level with Luba Rubtsova). Not quite old enough for a fan page yet.

Maybe Adeliya is progressing normally.
She has very good skills and now has a quad apparently.

Scott512

Record Breaker
We will see. Adeliya is amazingly flexible, she is a born dancer close to Anna, she has obvious performance skills, she sounds very intelligent and again similarly to Anna you can see her bright personality in her eyes. Just so far she lacks stability of her jumps and maybe a little more concentration. But that all can be improved. I'm curious when we will see a quad in competition from her.
I think I saw her quand on video and it looked easy.. The Russian federation is to petition the ISU for more spots in the future. I'm a one country has like 7 of the best 10 skaters in the world for the ladies and probably 8 out of 10 for the juniors. Is just gonna be no room for these 13 to 15 year old girls who gonna have like 10 girls for 3 spots. Menu have Ana sasha aliona and KV and they are not hoing anywhere for a couple years at least.

Ive said it many times over the past few years they need to go to more of a ranking system like tennis and golf as for entries into events.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I think I saw her quand on video and it looked easy.. The Russian federation is to petition the ISU for more spots in the future. I'm a one country has like 7 of the best 10 skaters in the world for the ladies and probably 8 out of 10 for the juniors. Is just gonna be no room for these 13 to 15 year old girls who gonna have like 10 girls for 3 spots. Menu have Ana sasha aliona and KV and they are not hoing anywhere for a couple years at least.

Ive said it many times over the past few years they need to go to more of a ranking system like tennis and golf as for entries into events.
Yes, she did that in a training, not in a competition yet. The video of Adeliya's 4T was posted before her second cup entry, where she didn't put it into her program, so I guess it was still unstable (and she also had some kind of health problems so I guess she didn't have enough time to master it). But I truly hope she will deliver it in the nationals. And I'm looking forward to see her (together with Sofias, Veronika...) in the JGP series next season.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Well, Adelia caught my attention because she reminded me of Evgenia, too but after watching her for a while I don‘t think their skating‘s all too similar. (they‘re both very musical but at Adelia‘s age Evgenia had problems with her speed and her overall style was more subtle. Adelia, on the other hand, is one of the fastest and most powerful skaters out there)

But because there‘s a lot of comparison between the two right now: Evgenia was the weakest of four original juniors in her debut (Sotskova, Proklova, Sakhanovich) but over the years, she improved rapidly and is now one of the most accomplished ladies skaters Russia‘s ever produced. So, even if Adelia‘s not number 1 one now doesn‘t mean she never will be. I like her the most out of the current novices/juniors as she’s got something very special so I hope she does well. :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes, she did that in a training, not in a competition yet. The video of Adeliya's 4T was posted before her second cup entry, where she didn't put it into her program, so I guess it was still unstable (and she also had some kind of health problems so I guess she didn't have enough time to master it). But I truly hope she will deliver it in the nationals. And I'm looking forward to see her (together with Sofias, Veronika...) in the JGP series next season.
It looked like a solid quad. Like she knows what she's doing. Let's hope AP and everyone else gets a JGP season next season. Not having a junior season this season has been terrible it makes Junior Russian Nationals even more crucial.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well, Adelia caught my attention because she reminded me of Evgenia, too but after watching her for a while I don‘t think their skating‘s all too similar. (they‘re both very musical but at Adelia‘s age Evgenia had problems with her speed and her overall style was more subtle. Adelia, on the other hand, is one of the fastest and most powerful skaters out there)

But because there‘s a lot of comparison between the two right now: Evgenia was the weakest of four original juniors in her debut (Sotskova, Proklova, Sakhanovich) but over the years, she improved rapidly and is now one of the most accomplished ladies skaters Russia‘s ever produced. So, even if Adelia‘s not number 1 one now doesn‘t mean she never will be. I like her the most out of the current novices/juniors as she’s got something very special so I hope she does well. :)
That's a very interesting a point about Zhenya was not the top Junior among those four Russian juniors you said she was last of the 4. It changed pretty fast though. Adeiya is pretty close to the top Russian Junior ladies and she's almost got a quad and is more musical than most let's put it that way. People will pay attention to her more because she's part of TT. Junior Nationals will be quite fascinating.

Her skating is not so similar to Evgenia as I originally thought. But there's some things that reminds me of AP to Zhenya. It's not easy to explain it maybe the artistry. But this 13 year old is pretty powerful and will probably be dangerous to all the top junior girls.

Last edited: