Affordable skating clothes | Golden Skate

Affordable skating clothes

CountdownBrie

Spectator
What do you all recommend for reasonably priced skating outfits? I joined a team at my high school and I want some more stuff to practice in. Dresses or skirts in particular. I’m an adult small-adult extra small with a slimmer figure.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
What do you all recommend for reasonably priced skating outfits? I joined a team at my high school and I want some more stuff to practice in. Dresses or skirts in particular. I’m an adult small-adult extra small with a slimmer figure.
There are sites that have have some practice gear marked down or on sale, but like one skirt, because skirts and dresses are for competing/testing, not every day practice. Most wear pants, shirts, with sports bra under, and so on.

ETA: If you want to inbox me, I can give you some links to sites. I can't post them in the open forum though.

Last edited:

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Skirts are quite popular for practice in the UK. Personally, I've almost always worn a skirt of some sort. But then, I don't wear trousers/pants in my life off the ice, either. I'm a frock kind of a girl. Always have been. :) I also make/sell a lot of skirts to skaters as well as dancers.

sashavis

Rinkside
Country
United-States
I love lululemon and athleta! They are a bit higher in terms of price, but I've found that my items from there last years and years (even for skating, which can sometimes break certain clothing down more than other sports--I have so many leggings with holes around the bottoms). I'd rather have quality items over quantity! Sites like discount dancewear are also great. While marketed towards dancers, you can find tights/leotards/skirts/athletic wear--and it is all marked down!

MiraiFan

Final Flight
You can get discounted athletic wear on ThreadUp as well. I am a deal shopper and never pay full price for anything...

gliese

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I've found Old Navy to have good quality, but you have to go in person as it's very hit or miss. I assume they design their leggings in similar fashion to Athleta as they are under the same brand and feel very similar, but they're half the price.

thesu

Spectator
Here are some items I've had experience with:

Zella Live-In Leggings - Love these. They don't get hot if you sweat but also keep you warm on cold days. Super comfortable and durable. I bought mine second hand. I've heard that they swap in a cheaper variety during sales, so watch out.

90 Degree by Reflex High Waist Power Flex Leggings - Durable (no pilling) and good fit. They're not as breathable as Zellas. They get hot in the summer and cold in the winter, but they're so affordable that you might not mind.

Gap Fit Long-Sleeve T - pills a little after washing, but I've had mine for several years and it's still holding up.

Lisa McKinnon - has sales during the holidays. Follow on social media or subscribe to her newsletter. A few times this year she had $20 leggings.

Other brands I've heard good things about but haven't tried:
  • Old Navy
  • MPG Sport
  • Arisevolve

MiraiFan

Final Flight
Victoria's Challenge has good skating tights--they fit well and I have had mine for a few years now. Reasonable compared to other brands.
Honestly, I get training jackets and other things on ThreadUp or at Costco (often really good deals and quite decent quality wise).

natashafarhannf

Spectator
Victoria's Challenge has good skating tights--they fit well and I have had mine for a few years now. Reasonable compared to other brands.
Honestly, I get training jackets and other things on ThreadUp or at Costco (often really good deals and quite decent quality wise).
i can confirmed this too that, there stuff is indeed really good

jersey1302

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Honestly I know so many people who buy off Lulu Lemon sports wear ,its comfortable, stretchy, looks good. If you dont want that price point (watch for boxing day sales this week etc you might find really good deals) Also watch for sales in the new year, some places have really really good sales because no ones spending in January and February because they are all broke from December haha. You can go to Walmart too and or Sport Check (Canada)( or like Dicks Sporting Goods in the US) and look for active wear that is similar fabrics. Costco sometimes also has real nice active wear too at fantastic prices you just have to watch for it because its a hit and miss. I guess it also depends where you are too and what you have accessible to you.