Alexandra Trusova | Page 141 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Fried

Final Flight
I dare say it: Sasha. Unstoppable. And unbeatable. At least she is the clear "winner" of the test skates 2020. I am glad that she made the right decision against all opinions. Thanks and respect to Plushy too.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Oh, I enjoyed this programme! She does the heavy, dramatic music justice, and, ugh, her jumping is just phenomenal. The way her Loop combinations just explode off the ice! What an athlete she is!

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Sasha skated well, but the final few seconds of the music did not sound like finale music. I was surprized when the program ended.

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I was pleasantly surprised

By her improvement? She was the most physically prepared.
However, the ending to the music didn't seem like an ending. They probably won't tweak the music, so it'll be something to get used to.

Fried

Final Flight
I see the fact that the abrupt end to music is the biggest problem as a very positive sign! ;)
I love her FP more with each repetition.

eliana

On the Ice
However, the ending to the music didn't seem like an ending. They probably won't tweak the music, so it'll be something to get used to.

No, I was surprised at the end, but pleasant. I don't know, it was unexpected but I liked Sasha's action and final position.
I don't know if I explain well :noshake:

eliana

On the Ice

Exactly! Sorry.. I wanted to answer Fried

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just woke up and had to check and see how Sasha went.

OMG, I love the program music! It's all the best parts of the Romeo and Juliet music. :) Very powerful and perfect for Sasha.

I'm waiting with anticipation for her costumes.

Go the Russian Rocket!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I am so happy that she looks ready to charge into the new season. Jump looks great, and the music is pretty powerful and suits her energy. I am looking forward to the competition version of the skate

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Okay, you guys got me intrigued with the noses... so this is what I hear:

After Sasha comments that she hopes that 3A will be ready and stable this season, they ask her what Plushenko told her after the skate.

He told her that she did well to fight for lutz, but she slipped up on the lutz, b/c she should have went/leaned forward, but she went backward, so that’s why she fell.

They ask her if Plushenko is different from other coaches who tell they need to look and analyze because he can tell her everything right away. She says, no, of course we’ll analyze everything else, but he gave her immediate feedback based on what he was seeing during the skate.

They ask, after Daenerys, do you think you can make this program as bright with as interesting interpretation, and as cool/rad. She says she likes the program, and she can make it as good or better than the last one.

Then they’ve asked her about how she works with the team, and she says that she works both with Dmitri and Yelena, Dmitri for gliding and program, and Yelena for programs and arms movements.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Hello Alexandra Trusova fans!

Fan Fest are a place to celebrate and praise your favorite skaters.

Discussions about other skaters at the Test Skates or attendance at the Test Skates may be addressed, within guidelines, in the threads dedicated to all Russian ladies or to the Test Skates.

Please stay on topic in the Fan Fest to celebrate one of your favorite skaters, Sasha Trusova.:cheer:

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Then they’ve asked her about how she works with the team, and she says that she works both with Dmitri and Yelena, Dmitri for gliding and program, and Yelena for programs and arms movements.

Thanks as always for accurately translating the gist of things! Interesting, does that mean she isn't in Rozanov's sub-group at the Academy then? Not complaining though, Dmitri at the boards looks like a cute older brother and Elena seems warm and affectionate :)

No fighting noses then..? I had a mental image of something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YotMwwixPsw

Anyway, well done to Sasha for coping well with growth and a new training environment! The programmes both suit her well :thumbsup:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Thanks as always for accurately translating the gist of things! Interesting, does that mean she isn't in Rozanov's sub-group at the Academy then? Not complaining though, Dmitri at the boards looks like a cute older brother and Elena seems warm and affectionate :)

She went to Plushenko Academy because of Rozanov - it was a speculation. In her interview she clearly explained wanted to work with Plushenko.

zounger

Medalist
Trusova was the most complete skater in ladies at test skates everything was on high level. Bravo to her and Plushenko.

GINO

On the Ice
Well, it was really a new Sasha, especially in the short program(which is perhaps my favorite, but first I need to watch this program at competition), the long program is not well-skated yet, but it has great potential. Visible changes: improved skating skills, more artistic, a clearer toe take-off on the flip, the entrance to 4T, and of course she has grown decently. Unfortunately, 4Lz didn't work out in the program, but she did it on the warm-up with first attempt https://www.instagram.com/p/CFG54rQJnlO/ Sasha was the best at these test skates and showed the greatest progress, but it's too early to rejoice as she is always good at the beginning of the season.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Elena I is so sweet to the Angels :) Also her banging on the boards during Sasha's FS step sequence was a total mood!

No fighting noses then..? I had a mental image of something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YotMwwixPsw

OMG, that is hilarious! :laugh2: Reading the descriptions makes me want to see that opera right now.

Anyway, well done to Sasha for coping well with growth and a new training environment! The programmes both suit her well :thumbsup:

She's grown so tall over the past few seasons, but she's kept her jumps, which is awesome. Plus you can't go wrong with great armography.