Alexandra Trusova

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don't understand all the hand wringing about the 3rd spot for worlds. The 1st 2 spots are obvious Anna and Sasha. The 3rd spot would go to KV if she was eligible but she is not eligible and it will be decided between Liza and Alona. The federation should not be playing any games and not thinking about sending somebody to world who will score like in the 180s. Even if Aliona does not have her triple axel back she could still score to 220 to 230 .

The 1st 2 spots for worlds this year will be very easy choosing the 1st 2 spots for the Olympics could be harder certainly figuring out who the 3 are will be interesting.
Sasha will always be able to score to 240 so I can't see her ever being left off the Olympic team if she's healthy. As of today I think there were 3 clear front runners for the Olympic team and I think everyone reads us knows who they are. Things could happen in the next year to change that or I think these 3 are the clear favorites for Bejiing because all 3 can scores 240+ and no other country can offer that from their 3 ladies.

Arbitrary

Medalist
I don't understand all the hand wringing about the 3rd spot for worlds. The 1st 2 spots are obvious Anna and Sasha. The 3rd spot would go to KV if she was eligible but she is not eligible and it will be decided between Liza and Alona. The federation should not be playing any games and not thinking about sending somebody to world who will score like in the 180s. Even if Aliona does not have her triple axel back she could still score to 220 to 230 .

The 1st 2 spots for worlds this year will be very easy choosing the 1st 2 spots for the Olympics could be harder certainly figuring out who the 3 are will be interesting.
Sasha will always be able to score to 240 so I can't see her ever being left off the Olympic team if she's healthy. As of today I think there were 3 clear front runners for the Olympic team and I think everyone reads us knows who they are. Things could happen in the next year to change that or I think these 3 are the clear favorites for Bejiing because all 3 can scores 240+ and no other country can offer that from their 3 ladies.

FFKKR looks for a way to fill the world quota without Sasha. Her trauma only helps here, but even her current state is still second among Russian seniors. So, it's not an easy task, but there is the RusCupFinal next month. Who knows?

anonymoose_au

Making sequined tie and vest combos cool
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't understand all the hand wringing about the 3rd spot for worlds.

Not sure about others, but I'm just worried that in competing in these other competitions in order to be officially named to the team Sasha may aggravate her injury and not be able to compete. Which would really suck.

Also, it's just really disrespectful of the Fed, I feel like they just want to make her and her team sweat it out. :( And like they're ready to dump her as soon as Kamila and Daria U become seniors.

Scott512

Record Breaker
FFKKR looks for a way to fill the world quota without Sasha. Her trauma only helps here, but even her current state is still second among Russian seniors. So, it's not an easy task, but there is the RusCupFinal next month. Who knows?
Why would they do that they would be screwing themselves and maybe lose a spot for the Olympics? Who would they send analiza and one of the 14 Nastyas? Lol no.

Sasha will go to worlds and she showed by doing only 2 quads she tempered her free skate and it went very well. Even with only 2 squads she can score in the 235 to 240 range internationally and that certainly enough for the podium.

As for her trauma Sasha has almost 3 months to get better physically and we know she can skate at less than 100%. She can skate a too quiet for you skate at the Russian cup final and do just fine.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Not sure about others, but I'm just worried that in competing in these other competitions in order to be officially named to the team Sasha may aggravate her injury and not be able to compete. Which would really suck.

Also, it's just really disrespectful of the Fed, I feel like they just want to make her and her team sweat it out. :( And like they're ready to dump her as soon as Kamila and Daria U become seniors.
Sasha will probably only skate in one more event and that would be the Russian cup final in February and she should be better by then and if she still bothered by whatever's hampering her she can do a 2 quad free skate and be fine like at nationals.

Next year may be a different story and Sasha will have to fight for one of those 3 spots. But the fed wants a sweep at Olympics if they actually take place in at this point and Sasha is the only one who can score with Anna and KV of the Russian ladies. That is really not debatable.

If there is the worlds this year and they have to do something for Olympic qualification I say Sasha will join Anna and the 3rd spot will be alyona over Liza. Aliona can score higher than Liza even without her triple axel.

That's my prediction a 3A reunion at worlds 2021!

Vemvane

On the Ice
Sasha RusNats gala photos.

Source (more photos as well).

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
So is this going to be their permanent base? Or just for training camps occasionally (like in the summer)?

Anyway, Sasha's house is cool. I love the wooden exterior. A nice gesture from Plushenko (and good incentive for future students as well :laugh: ).

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
So is this going to be their permanent base? Or just for training camps occasionally (like in the summer)?

Anyway, Sasha's house is cool. I love the wooden exterior. A nice gesture from Plushenko (and good incentive for future students as well :laugh: ).
I can assume that (taking into account the usual training regime of 5-6 days + a day for rest) Sasha can live in this house both at normal times and during intensive preparation for the competition. The savings in travel time from Moscow and back will be enormous. Sasha is very close to her family. I think she will want to spend her free days with them at home.
In addition, now many schoolchildren study remotely, and Sasha will be able to master the school course while living outside the city. With good teachers, this won't be a problem.