Alexandra Trusova | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

lanark

On the Ice
Can someone explain if Sasha = Alexandra?
Pardon my ignorance, but my knowledge of Russian is zero. So I get a little confused.
I keep wondering who is this Sasha... LOL :laugh:
But I guess is Trusova, right??

russianfan

Match Penalty
Can someone explain if Sasha = Alexandra?
Pardon my ignorance, but my knowledge of Russian is zero. So I get a little confused.
I keep wondering who is this Sasha... LOL :laugh:
But I guess is Trusova, right??

It is a diminutive. Others are Sashka, Sashenka (very affectionate)

The Finn

Record Breaker
AMAZING SP and a great score too. I wish she would have scored above 70 points though but she will do that at the JGPF. Can't wait for the FS, she can totally score above 200 points at Minsk.

By the way, she broke Alina's SP TES record today. Alina's WR was 41.41 points. Sasha's TES was 41.78 points.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
my girl! :luv17:
AMAZING! She was SO fast and sold the program so much more than she did in Brisbane.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
my girl! :luv17:
AMAZING! She was SO fast and sold the program so much more than she did in Brisbane.

I really enjoyed how much speed she managed to build up for the entry to her first jump with relatively little effort.

I also appreciated the actual program significantly more this time. There are many nice moments.

She still has some "hastiness" in her skating where she seems to be kind of rushing through it a little bit. Hopefully she'll get that in order with time.

russianfan

Match Penalty
article about Sasha
most interesting part:

Many parents dream that their child will one day become a champion. Was it like that with you?

- We did not set any high goals. We lived in Nedostoyevo, and the sports palace was in Dashkovo-Pesochne, on the other end of Ryazan. Therefore, in order not to be late for training, you had to wake up in the dark. Once, when the daughter was six years old, on the way to training she asked papa: "When I will win the Olympic Games, can I not wake up so early?". Everyone laughed, and papa had no choice but to say: "Yes". But despite these early training sessions, Sasha continued to study with pleasure. Never had to force or persuade her.

P.S. also, from her instagram

The Finn

Record Breaker
She is a tough cookie. The fall looked pretty bad but she didn't let that to affect the rest of the program. Great job, she will get that quad right at the JGP Final.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
She is a very charming performer, but these sexy programs are starting to make me uncomfortable...it's all a little too "Toddlers & Tiaras" or something. I just don't understand why this, why now? There are so many styles out there that would be more age appropriate than this seedy cabaret stuff.
it's her last season SP.