Alexandra Trusova | Page 151 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Trusova

Skuratov

On the Ice
I have to work at that time :( With this pandemic I'am doing home office but will be very difficult pay attention to the interview.
No matter how, I will try to listen to Sasha/Masha. Masha promised to me a long long time ago this one.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I have to work at that time :( With this pandemic I'am doing home office but will be very difficult pay attention to the interview.
No matter how, I will try to listen to Sasha/Masha. Masha promised to me a long long time ago this one.
I know the feeling, it's on at like 5am Aussie time and while I could try to get up at that hour I don't rate my chances.

I assume it will be in Russian though? But will be subtitled into English later on? I hope so!

enzofv

On the Ice

Giltedge

Final Flight
Seeing Sasha's wonderful smile is a special gift for her fans.:love:
Interesting discussion/interview. Many of the questions were a bit trite and predictable and perhaps a bit tedious for Alexandra, but she handled them well, as to be expected.

It would be the wrong time of year, but it looks as if she is sitting in her banya (and she is dressed) :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I believe near the end of the interview you could hear a dog bark, but this also could be on the interviewer's end.

It is Aleksandra's attic bedroom in the family house, which is a pre-built cottage common in new settlements outside the city perimeter, the Ring Road.

She has done live streams from her room on earlier occasions, and it features in many of her photographs, there is a whole wall with medals, cups, certificates and such.

Wether the Trusov's have given up their Moscow apartment we don't know, city apartments are very valuable possessions.
Aleksandra was often seen riding her electric scooter when she still trained at Khrustalniy on Profsoyuznaya.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Interesting discussion/interview. Many of the questions were a bit trite and predictable and perhaps a bit tedious for Alexandra, but she handled them well, as to be expected.

It would be the wrong time of year, but it looks as if she is sitting in her banya (and she is dressed) :)
Banya(Bath)? No. :) This is a large country style house. Apparently Sasha has been living there lately. https://www.instagram.com/p/B_hKq39I3dA/

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For some reason I woke up at 5:30am, Aussie time and was able to tune in.

Sasha was so cute! :) The questions weren't hard hitting or anything, but I thought it was nice to hear positive stuff. 😊

Plus Sasha had some really good advice for goal setting, much appreciated.

Skuratov

On the Ice

Read the note in the video description:
NOTE: The questions asked in the interview were part of an agreement between Alexandra's parents and the manager.
They allowed very little current questions. And it is important to understand them and respect their decision, thanking them for the opportunity they give us for this beautiful interview.

At first I was a bit disappointed but after reading that note I resigned myself. That was what Sasha's parents conceded.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
NOTE: The questions asked in the interview were part of an agreement between Alexandra's parents and the manager.
I imagined it was probably something like that. Sasha is still a current competitor and she has to be careful not offend people, even if this was a relatively small channel (I'm not sure if it is) these things have a way of getting out. So her parents are smart not to let anything contraversial be asked.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
So it seems Aleksandra is sort of kept in a cryogenic state by her parents, as to the public image of their daughter.
The soon to be released book seems much like a re-writing of her previous interviews, and the earlier interviews with the parents.

I think it is all in the interest of Aleksandra, she best not has to deal with all this PR when skating cleanly, jumping into many quads, improving skating skill and winning are more important.

Hopefully when Aleksandra has achieved some personal goals and is able to analyse and reflect on herself, her interviews will rise above 'talk over a cup of coffee'.

Last edited:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Achievements: :giggle:
Bronze medalist of the European Championship
Bronze medalist of the Grand Prix finals
Two-time world champion among juniors
Two-time Russian champion among juniors
Winner of the Junior Grand Prix Final
Silver medalist of the Russian Championship
First woman to perform 4Lz, 4F, 4T and quadruple in 4T-3T combination
First woman to land 2, 3 and 4 quads in the same program
First woman to break 100 technique points

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
These are Sasha's official titles and achievements. They are impressive! For me, there are also her other incredible achievements, which are somehow forgotten. But they talk about Sasha's unique talent. She is the first and only (so far) woman who was able to load a quad and a cascade with quad (4T-o-3s) into the second half of her program. As well as Sasha, so far, the only woman in history who at each of her international competitions, starting from the very first junior start, tried or performed at least one quad. Sasha is a pioneer on this path, which the next generation of young girls has yet to follow. Good luck to all of them.

Last edited:

Giltedge

Final Flight
plushyfan said:
These are Sasha's official titles and achievements. They are impressive! For me, there are also her other incredible achievements, which are somehow forgotten. But they talk about Sasha's unique talent. She is the first and only (so far) woman who was able to load a quad and a cascade with quad (4T-o-3s) into the second half of her program. As well as Sasha, so far, the only woman in history who at each of her international competitions, starting from the very first junior start, tried or performed at least one quad. Sasha is a pioneer on this path, which the next generation of young girls has yet to follow. Good luck to all of them.

Great tribute to Alexandra and also to Eteri, Sergei D, Daniil and all the rest at Team Tutberidze! :clap: Sasha speaks very fondly about the inspiration she took from Daniil's late mother.

For myself. I can't help reflecting also on the synergy that Alexandra, Anna and Alёna took from each other over several years, as colleagues and intense rivals, and how it must contribute to each one's particular history, as well as the good influence of Alina and others during those times and since.

Last edited: