Alina Zagitova | Page 947 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Alina after the TS with the fans

from one of the fans: “We also were lucky to see Alina:) her fans, of course, couldn’t let her go for a long time ... she already got on the bus, then got out, signed autographs, took a picture with a fan, and got on the bus again. Mom of one the girls shouted to Alina that they had been waiting for a long time for her; so Alina asked the driver if she had time, went out again and began to sign autographs again... ”⠀

_________

I'm done, instead of "eternity" I've read "Eteri", what would have Freud thought of me... :laugh:

naughty, naughty flanker...:roll5:
:biggrin:

Finley

Record Breaker
Alina's interview with 1 TV

Photo "with the buns" :)

From the interview with Alina: "I think it was in Yoshkar-Ola when we first met. I still trained in Izhevsk at the time. It's not a secret that I was really afraid to approach her :) I just wanted to say 'hello' and take a pic with her. So we took a pic with the buns, and after that I decided I wanted to join her group" :biggrin:

"I had an unhappy experience when I was little - when someone (I don't want to name them) refused to give me their autograph, it was like my dream of a lifetime and they refused. I was really upset after that, emotions that I felt at the time are indescribable. So now when kids approach me for a photo or an autograph, I never refuse them, because I had an experience like that".
"I think Eteri Georgiyevna is the same - I've never seen her refuse anyone a photo or an autograph. She treats people really well".

I love her heart. That's why we have so many sweet stories of her from fans who got autographs.

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Teamzagitova says Alina deserves GOE +100000 for this incredible look at the end of the short program. :biggrin:

What's the GOE scale in modelling then? :biggrin:

Alina's "lack of artistry skills" somehow makes one forget she's performing this in just a tee & shorts. :laugh:

If I remeber well, she said she would be interested in acting later, so no wonder she can get into different characters better and better... She's already very good I think, that's why I have to laugh at those opinions saying she can't know anything about a break-up (referring to Me Voy), ergo she can't express herself authentically. Well, you don't have to live a life of a geisha to be able to act out her emotions on the ice, do you?

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Do we know what Alina's first competition will be this year? Is she doing a Challenger? This will be such an exciting season! She looked great at the Test Skates.

Watching Alina's test skates, oh my gosh her Double Axel has gotten wayyy better than last season!! More height, distance, and flow. Someone posted a video here recently of her FP from last season and wow the difference in the 2A is quite noticeable.

Also I know she doesn't have to do a challenger, but will she be doing one?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Guys, don't forget to vote for Alina in Glamour Russia awards vote!

Alina's in 2 nominations there: Athlete of the year and Woman of the year (but you vote once)
https://www.glamour.ru/awards/woty/2019/

Only 4 female athletes of Russia have been selected and Alina's one of them.
This is one of the most prestigious awards in Russia :hap36:
Good job, baby boss, only 17 and being amongst the top women in Russia already!

Noreg16

On the Ice
Do we know what Alina's first competition will be this year? Is she doing a Challenger? This will be such an exciting season! She looked great at the Test Skates.

Watching Alina's test skates, oh my gosh her Double Axel has gotten wayyy better than last season!! More height, distance, and flow. Someone posted a video here recently of her FP from last season and wow the difference in the 2A is quite noticeable.

Also I know she doesn't have to do a challenger, but will she be doing one?
It’s official now i think, she won’t do a challenger for sure this year, the only one possible left for October was in Finland, but i checked and only Alyona is going (plus 2 other Russians and one more as a substitute) and later events arent an option since she is going to have 2GP events, possibly GPF, nationals.... Really makes me think she is training a quad. What’s a point of losing rating points from winning an easy event, and wasting great shape she is in now and her programs looked so well-skated already tbh better than anyone’s competing...Id think she is planning 3A from placement of 2A-3T and single lutz (that easily and very comfortably could be replaced by 3A and 3l-3t at the second half with additional 0,49 bonus) but I don’t believe her 2A is good enough to suspect her 3A training, Its very interesting tho. Idk what’s Eteri’s plan but its weird to keep Alina for 2 more months off of official isu competition for no reason.