Alina Zagitova | Page 1221 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
A little random, but does anyone have a good photo of Alina biting her lip (as she often does), ideally at a competition?
something like this?
qO_P_pSFAhU.jpg

zounger

Medalist
Considering that this an exam period and Averbuch's program needs modification for a big rink, I think Alina will go with one of her older programs. Most likely Esmeralda. Also there is possibility the event organizers will go with two captain numbers.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I read this really sweet comment under the Sports.ru article about it. I'm glad that there is a lot of support for Alina in the comment section (if you sort the comments by 'best'). That isn't always the case, but it seems in this situation people know what is really going on. -

As for the individual(s) implying that Alina is responsible for this as well as a similar attack to another Instagram account - I sincerely hope you get the help you clearly desperately need.

Alina has a brand new promotion coming out with Puma. She just posted about it 2 days ago on her Instagram. Sabotaging her own account makes absolutely no sense. From a business standpoint if nothing else.
I've never seen Alina look so beautiful. I bet she gets a haircare sponsor after this video now.;)

Seriously though things have been so tough for her since she warned a wimp it gold almost 3 years ago. She has had to deal with so much nonsense and bullship and I'm not following this Instagram controversy closely but it's absolutely insane. Alina must have something insider that allows her to filter L over nonsense from her life and just keep moving. I wish I could master that I have never been able to.

What did she say in this video by the way? I think I heard her mention Zhenya's name.

Finley

Record Breaker
Alina explained that she made her insta private temporarily due to sudden influx of bot followers, so she can clean up the account and avoid having her acc blocked.

Alina never mentioned anyone at all.
All credit to Alina, she did exactly what she said she was going to do and cleaned up her Instagram. She deleted over 6000 followers in two days. I'm sure Instagram did it's thing and cleaned up some of them but good for her for taking the initiative as soon as she realized what was going on.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alina explained that she made her insta private temporarily due to sudden influx of bot followers, so she can clean up the account and avoid having her acc blocked.

Alina never mentioned anyone at all.
Why is this happening?

It's a pain in the you know what to delete hundreds if not thousands of emails from your account I can't imagine having to delete 6000 bot followers. I hope someone runs her Instagram account for her someone she can trust.

Finley

Record Breaker
Free Skater was generous enough to post this on FSO but I thought it would be nice to read it here as well. It was a nice trip down memory lane. I had forgotten how enamored Scott was with Alina. :love: Even Tanith was so impressed by her.
As always, 'thank-you' times a million, to Free Skater for absolutely everything. :thank:

Liam McHugh: Hello everyone! Welcome to our studio - right across the street from the Pyeongchang Ice Arena. I am Liam McHugh, joined by Olympic champion Scott Hamilton and Olympic silver medalist Tanith White.

Olympic silver medalist Tanith White: I mean ... And that's funny too. Because at the 2018 European Championships in Moscow, Medvedeva in fact lost to her compatriot Alina Zagitova.

Liam McHugh: And you mentioned Alina Zagitova. We'll talk about Alina Zagitova a little later. But to Medvedeva. If she skates at her peak. Like this time. At the moment, the goal is to lose only to her?

Olympic Champion Scott Hamilton: Mmmm!

Olympic silver medalist Tanith White: Mmmm! Liam, you're ahead of the curve here. I do not think that's possible. I mean: Look at the scores of Alina Zagitova. And I'm sure we'll talk about this in a little more detail. I mean, the base cost of Alina's technical content in Alina's free skate is four-plus points ahead of what Medvedev plans to show. At least the last time we watched her technical content, her application and her talk. Let's see if she will raise the rate at all? But these points!

Olympic Champion Scott Hamilton: Strategically, everything is different for Alina Zagitova and Medvedeva. You know, Alina Zagitova performs all her jumping elements in the second part of both the short program and the free program, which gives her a 10% coefficient, a 10% point bonus. All jump elements. And it adds up. I mean, you know, a hundredth of a point, a tenth of a point, a point is a lot to try to figure out where to get those points. Where will you get this or another point? This is a set of points, this is the sum of points.

Olympic silver medalist Tanith White: Yes!

Olympic Champion Scott Hamilton: Where will you score? And this is the strategic part where you are going to get points. Alina Zagitova says: “I will get them in the second half of the program. And I will be very good in the first half of the program, where you will not think that "I'm waiting for something." You are so fascinated by her artistry in the first half of the program that you don't care if she does not jump in the first half of the program.

Olympic silver medalist Tanith White: Yes, you pay attention to such important things that Alina Zagitova performs a cascade of triple lutz x triple rittberger [3Lz + 3Lo BV = 12.21], with a slightly higher base cost than triple flip x triple toe loop [ 3F + 3T BV = 10.56]. But Medvedeva can make up for this lag behind Alina Zagitova on components with her expressive storytelling, as it usually does. Let's wait to see.

Olympic Champion Scott Hamilton: But! This is the first adult season for Alina Zagitova. And Medvedeva won two world championships. So this might be typical ...

Liam McHugh: Look, this is just a show for us too. We still have 14 days of show ahead of us. I plan to receive this response every day. Okay, now let's move on to a few medal contenders together. And let's start at the top of the list of applicants. Alina Zagitova! What are your expectations from Alina? When Alina Zagitova goes out on the ice.

Olympic Champion Scott Hamilton: I can't get enough of her! I mean ... I'm fascinated by Alina! She is so stunningly beautiful! She has something like the beauty of Oksana Baiul on the ice. Alina is very fond of classics and has remarkable technical skills. She's younger, right. This is her first year as an adult, uh, level. So, you know, this is her first year in big competitions. And this is the Olympic year, and she skates on the same rink with Medvedeva and is a friend of the two-time world champion, mmm, Medvedeva. And, you know, Alina won both the short program and the free program at the 2018 European Championships in Moscow. So it's fun to watch!

Olympic silver medalist Tanith White: When you think about Medvedeva, when you watch her jump, it's just amazing. But when you look at Alina Zagitova - Yes !! - It's even better !!

Liam McHugh: The Russians are constantly under pressure.