Amazon skates | Golden Skate

Amazon skates

nina6274

Spectator
Hey, I live in Brazil and was already fitted for Eden’s ice fly so I know my size but the deal is: here we don’t have anyone who sells the boots or the blades I need and I can’t travel out of the country this year. I saw that Amazon sells the exact model and size/ width and my brother lives in the uk and could bring them to me. I want to know if there are any risks from buying on Amazon

Coach Aimee

PSA Ranked
Rinkside
The problem with buying skates online is that you wouldn't be able to have them custom shaped or have a tech to help you service them. The issue with Amazon is that you never really know who the seller is. What if something goes wrong?

According to Edea's website, there is an importer in Brazil:

Importadora e Com. de PATINS FULOP​

Rua Sebastião Rodrigues, 178 - Vila Madalena, San Paolo, 05451-060, Brazil
+55 11 3021 3684
[email protected]

There are also several other dealers in South America that I would think would be easier than having to have your brother purchase them from the UK and travel with them. Once Edea boots are mounted to blades, they no longer fit in the original box - that can make it cumbersome to travel with them.

There may also be other shops that are authorized and trained to sell Edea. However, only the "importers" and "dealers" are displayed on Edea's website, which can be misleading.

If I were you, I would reach out to the importer in Brazil.

nina6274

Spectator
The problem with buying skates online is that you wouldn't be able to have them custom shaped or have a tech to help you service them. The issue with Amazon is that you never really know who the seller is. What if something goes wrong?

According to Edea's website, there is an importer in Brazil:

Importadora e Com. de PATINS FULOP​

Rua Sebastião Rodrigues, 178 - Vila Madalena, San Paolo, 05451-060, Brazil
+55 11 3021 3684
[email protected]

There are also several other dealers in South America that I would think would be easier than having to have your brother purchase them from the UK and travel with them. Once Edea boots are mounted to blades, they no longer fit in the original box - that can make it cumbersome to travel with them.

There may also be other shops that are authorized and trained to sell Edea. However, only the "importers" and "dealers" are displayed on Edea's website, which can be misleading.

If I were you, I would reach out to the importer in Brazil.
I tried with him but he doesn’t have any ice flys under 250 and my size is 230 here in Brazil we have little to no option, and I have friends who know (took lessons and have experience) how to mount blades so I was thinking in buying them separately and then mounting here

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
OP: Given your scenario (under the premise that you have no local supplier, but you have a brother in the UK that can get them there), it would be better for your brother to buy them from a pro shop in the UK. He should explain what he's doing, and ask the shop to carefully inspect them for defects. Where in the UK is your brother? There are UK forum members here who can point you to reliable shops.

nina6274

Spectator
OP: Given your scenario (under the premise that you have no local supplier, but you have a brother in the UK that can get them there), it would be better for your brother to buy them from a pro shop in the UK. He should explain what he's doing, and ask the shop to carefully inspect them for defects. Where in the UK is your brother? There are UK forum members here who can point you to reliable shops.
He lives in maidenhead

icewhite

Record Breaker
I tried with him but he doesn’t have any ice flys under 250 and my size is 230 here in Brazil we have little to no option, and I have friends who know (took lessons and have experience) how to mount blades so I was thinking in buying them separately and then mounting here

Sounds good to me? Biggest problem should be the mounting of the blades, but if you have someone who can do it well, that sounds good. If the skates themselves are not okay, return them...

nina6274

Spectator
Sounds good to me? Biggest problem should be the mounting of the blades, but if you have someone who can do it well, that sounds good. If the skates themselves are not okay, return them...
Okay, I’ll do that, thanks so much for the advise

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

Okay, I’ll do that, thanks so much for the advise
NO no no no no!

You need a professional tech to mount your blades properly, having a friend who says they can do it b/c they took lessons etc is not a good idea.

Also, regarding the boots, IDK about having your brother buy them in the UK, but do you know that your foot definitely fits Edea and why an Ice Fly? Are you the level of skating to actually wear those?!

Last edited:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
You're doubling your risk by not only buying on Amazon, but by having a relative order them and bring them to you in a different country. I have done that successfully, but only with items that were so inexpensive that I was willing to risk losing all my money on a useless product. I don't think that applies here!

Coach Aimee

PSA Ranked
Rinkside
I'm confused about why the Edea dealer in Brazil can't order you a 230. Is he unwilling to order the boots or do you just not want to wait?
Yes, I am confused about that as well. The dealer is the importer, so they should be able to order what you need.

I know that here in the US, there is a long backorder. I ordered a new pair of Concertos back in April or May, and I won't see them until October-ish. But it's worth it to wait if that is the case.

NO no no no no!

You need a professional tech to mount your blades properly, having a friend who says they can do it b/c they took lessons etc is not a good idea.

I agree with @Ic3Rabbit! Edea has specific mounting specifications and requires the correct equipment and special screws. I would only have them mounted by an Edea-authorized tech, or you can risk voiding the warranty.