An Evening with Champions: 2023 Review | Golden Skate

An Evening with Champions: 2023 Review

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

The 51st annual ice show An Evening with Champions (EWC) was held September 8th and 9th in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The event is organized every year by students at Harvard University, and raises money for the Jimmy Fund, a charity supporting patient care and research at Boston's Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.

This year's cast was headlined by 2018 and 2022 Olympians Vincent Zhou, Mariah Bell and Mirai Nagasu. It also included current international competitors Yelim Kim, Starr Andrews, Maxim Naumov, and Emily Chan and Spencer Howe, among a group of local, national, and international talent.

Check out our review! Did you attend? Share your thoughts!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm sorry, but do I or do I not recognise that silhouette? And it ain't one of those involved... I wonder whose idea using it was 🤔

For a good cause, of course. I'm just really amused.

Magill

Record Breaker
I'm sorry, but do I or do I not recognise that silhouette? And it ain't one of those involved... I wonder whose idea using it was 🤔

For a good cause, of course. I'm just really amused.
Well, you can look at it as a kind of tribute to Yuzuru Hanyu that no matter who's actually performing, they choose his image to appeal to the public ;)

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thanks for the article, Paula. I loved reading it and hearing what's going on with the skaters and those who participated/supported the fund.

macy

Record Breaker
can't wait to see more of the performances as they're uploaded to youtube.

the way he was talking, it definitely sounds like Vincent is retired. I was holding out hope he would come back, what i have seen of his skating more recently has been impressive for how long he was away, but i understand if he doesn't have more in him.