And who said Slutskaya can't do the Y-spin. | Page 2 | Golden Skate

And who said Slutskaya can't do the Y-spin.

L

LAVENDER

Re: And who said Slutskaya can't do the Y-spin.

I only like the bielman when Denise and Lucinda does it. Sasha looks nice in that picture but I wonder if she can spin while holding her leg like that. I think I would like it since Sasha usually has such nice positions on almost everything.

J

Joesitz

Kara - I love the first pic of Sasha at the Barre. It looks like she is saying "Set em up Joe, another vodka straight up".

The "Bielman" doesn't llook like a spin to me, but it is very exoctic. Do you have the one I like where she only holds her leg with one hand? It is quite lovely.

Joe

L

Lucy25

When I saw the Irina photos, the first thing that came to my mind was that those are not y-spins, but instead are spirals. I guess we will have to wait for someone to watch those programs.

I also love the one handed Beilman Irina sometimes does (where only one hand grabs the foot while the other arm is wrapped around the held leg). Sarah has done that as well and I think it is lovely.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:maroon;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">I think Sasha would prefer to be known for her own innovative moves (Sasha Spiral, Beaver Cleaver) rather than just another skater doing the Bielmann spin.</span>

V

VeryColdWater

Those are spiral sequences. I have those programs from 96/97.

V

VeryColdWater

I believe one of them was from Skate America.

C

CuteGreekGoddess

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:x-small;"><strong>
thanks for the Irina pictures :)
aww what a cute picture of Ira and Nikolai
is he helping her with any programs? </strong></span>

S

schmooze1

As someone mentioned earlier in the thread each of the girls has their own stenghts. Those pics of Irina are quite old, the second is a pick of her short program during the 1997 season (Phantom on Ice) incidentally I thought she reall found the balance between her jumps/spins/footwork and her presentation that season. The first is an exhibition program, could be New York New York. She was much more flexible when she was younger than she is now. I imagine the loss in flexibilty has to do with the couple of years where she wasn't training properly. Flexibility is not easy to get back once it is lost. OTOH Irinas lay back spin is one of the best in the game and her bielmanns are second to none so I agree you should stick to what you do best but that said I have no problem with anyone who wants to try new things! Where would the skating world be if everyone just 'stuck to what they can do' ;)