Anna Shcherbakova | Page 147 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
In her interview Anna said she's not in a half of her form. 99 % of the skaters worldwide would sign to a devil for such "not a half form" :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
In her interview Anna said she's not in a half of her form. 99 % of the skaters worldwide would sign to a devil for such "not a half form" :)

Not in half of her form? Anna is out to win big and she can. !:hap57: She has every reason to feel confident.

She also made an interesting commment about the shocking departures of Sasha and Aliona. Well she has no comment. EG girls never do.

McBibus

On the Ice
She also made an interesting commment about the shocking departures of Sasha and Aliona. Well she has no comment. EG girls never do.

May be true, but in this situation it was the smarted reply, so that would have been her line anyway being both smart and polite as she is.
I really liked her.
I hope they don't change the outfit (too much) it suited both the music and her silouette.

She continues growing in her ability to express emotions.
I did not like her elevation, but I think it's not ok to comment on tech element for eveybody at this stage.
I just found myself wondering if it was all she has now or she was playing it very safe.
Skaters with great rotation speed don't usually push so much for heitgh.
Honestly, the fact I'm checking on that probably means that she looked much more ready than many others, coupled to the fact that I love high & long jumps with light speed entry and exit (purely personal).

karina17

Final Flight
Not in half of her form? Anna is out to win big and she can. !:hap57: She has every reason to feel confident.

I mean this in the best possible way: I bet tabloids HATE Anna. Every interview I've seen from her, she never gives them any leeway to start drama. Not even a little! :laugh:

Wishing her all the best for the free later!

Vemvane

On the Ice
That was another lovely skate, but I am a tiny bit disappointed. Not in Anna, never in Anna, who is just graceful and wonderful to watch, but ... I feel like she has usually had one challenging programme each year, and I was hoping this would be it. Both pieces are sufficiently similar in tone that I am just missing watching Anna interpret two very different types of music, because she is so good as a performer.

At any rate, I can't wait to see her in competition, when she is back at 100%. Drat that 4Lz at the start, but she did land it in warm-up, so it's definitely there.

I mean this in the best possible way: I bet tabloids HATE Anna. Every interview I've seen from her, she never gives them any leeway to start drama. Not even a little! :laugh:

Anna has so much class. She really knows how to handle difficult questions in a way that doesn't give people the opportunity to twist her words.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Video of the FP from today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBo2BJI8uoU

Just noticed she does a skid spiral. Also, this programme seems to have more time to breathe and to allow her to hold her poses, particularly with that arabesque spiral where she bends down briefly (is there a special name for that, or is it just an arabesque spiral?). She has more time to fill the music, so I suspect that the FS will grow on me over the season, because Anna will have the space to perform and put emotion into every note.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Anna is a natural performer. Different type of a performer than a "showgirl on ice", she is of her kind, emotional and musical. As Vemvane says, this program, even though some people object partitular things, is made well for her.

jasonwong

Spectator
Lol why is no one talking about how Eteri recycled Alena Kostornaia's planned SP music for 2019 as Shcherbakova's FP (No One Ever Called Me That, Dario Marianelli). The music is so beautiful, I really wished that one of her skater would use it one day. So fitting for Shcherbakova!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Lol why is no one talking about how Eteri recycled Alena Kostornaia's planned SP music for 2019 as Shcherbakova's FP (No One Ever Called Me That, Dario Marianelli). The music is so beautiful, I really wished that one of her skater would use it one day. So fitting for Shcherbakova!

Good ideas are never wasted in Eteri's team, like the Black Swan originally planned as Yulia's FS.