Anyone here for the summer? | Golden Skate

Anyone here for the summer?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I will be popping in and out occasionally. If anyone hears anything about SkateAmerica other than the rumors going around, let me know via PM or email....Have a safe summer....Go Todd!
( I try to learn something every day....there are 55 minorities in China. Here is a member of the Zhuang minority.)

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
(Emily and Spence are still having fun at the beach in Thailand)
The Yi or Nuosu people (Nuosu: ꆈꌠ, [nɔ̄sū]), historically known as the Lolo, are an ethnic group in China, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand. Numbering nine million people, they are the seventh largest of the 55 ethnic minority groups officially recognized by the People's Republic of China. They live primarily in rural areas of Sichuan, Yunnan, Guizhou, and Guangxi, usually in mountainous regions. The Liangshan Yi Autonomous Prefecture is home to the largest population of Yi people within mainland China, with two million Yi people in the region.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m here being terrorized by that dang retirement thread. Had a dream about Gracie WDing from whatever the qualification thing they’ve come up with this year and I was like no, she can’t do that, she hasn’t got a bye.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I’m here being terrorized by that dang retirement thread. Had a dream about Gracie WDing from whatever the qualification thing they’ve come up with this year and I was like no, she can’t do that, she hasn’t got a bye.
Did I read somewhere that Gracie will be coaching at Johnny Weir's new academy? Or did I dream that?

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
(Emily and Spence are still having fun at the beach in Thailand)
The Yi or Nuosu people (Nuosu: ꆈꌠ, [nɔ̄sū]), historically known as the Lolo, are an ethnic group in China, Vietnam, Laos and Thailand. Numbering nine million people, they are the seventh largest of the 55 ethnic minority groups officially recognized by the People's Republic of China. They live primarily in rural areas of Sichuan, Yunnan, Guizhou, and Guangxi, usually in mountainous regions. The Liangshan Yi Autonomous Prefecture is home to the largest population of Yi people within mainland China, with two million Yi people in the region.

LOL this "minority" numbers almost twice the population of New Zealand

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
LOL this "minority" numbers almost twice the population of New Zealand
I have been studying the 55 or so Minorites in China....fasinating....thank God for Wiki....Lots of interesting facts, architecture, customs....beautiful native dress....Hope you had a good time on your trip...!!!!! I am off to Alaska again in 10 days.....for a week.....lots of nice Asian peoples to talk with and learn from....Indonesians, Thai, etc.....there will be food involved. Crusing is so brutal.....:biggrin:

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That it's going back to Las Vegas.
I seriously hope it comes back to Vegas again! Flights there are cheap from where I live, the Orleans is located right next to the arena, and there's a million other things to do in Vegas if you don't feel like staying in the arena all day! What more could you want?!?

Kris135

On the Ice
If it is Vegas I may try to go because it fairly close to where I live. I have flexible job and my industry starts slowing down in October anyway. I would like to see Ilia live, despite the drama of this past weekend. So if I have the time and more importantly the money to go I may just go. One question though how much does a pass for everything cost. I know nationals it is about $1000 is Skate America in that ballpark or is it less because it is a smaller event. Just want to know so I can budget for it.

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
If it is Vegas I may try to go because it fairly close to where I live. I have flexible job and my industry starts slowing down in October anyway. I would like to see Ilia live, despite the drama of this past weekend. So if I have the time and more importantly the money to go I may just go. One question though how much does a pass for everything cost. I know nationals it is about $1000 is Skate America in that ballpark or is it less because it is a smaller event. Just want to know so I can budget for it.
Its cheep. Expect to pay about $350 for premium seats....for the life of me, I dont know why anyone would not want Vegas. Your hotel is right there and you are riding elevators with the skaters. Your eateries are right there...from fast food to fancy food. The rooms are nice. You have a huge pool area with a bar..... there are drug stores and other fast food places about. Did I mention the pool area with the bar?????
Sheeeshhhh
Going back to packing and studying Chinese minorities.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
maaaaaaaan :dbana:
Hey, what's wrong with Vegas? Lots of Japanese ladies like to go there! Its an easy a city to fly into as any on earth.....you could be like the Shui ladies and have to wear white in your hair for three years after your husband dies....now thats tough.... 😞

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did I read somewhere that Gracie will be coaching at Johnny Weir's new academy? Or did I dream that?
You did read that. Firstly Johnny’s academy currently consists of a statement that he’s doing it and a logo. Secondly she coached and competed last year.

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Maybe I’ll never get to go to it.
Let’s think positively. Maybe it will be in a new location, close to you!

I kind of think that if it were returning to Vegas, or SCOB, we would have heard by now, as it wouldn’t be so difficult to get the logistics in place. It would seem more likely that a new location would take longer to arrange.

That’s my theory, anyway :)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Let’s think positively. Maybe it will be in a new location, close to you!

I kind of think that if it were returning to Vegas, or SCOB, we would have heard by now, as it wouldn’t be so difficult to get the logistics in place. It would seem more likely that a new location would take longer to arrange.

That’s my theory, anyway :)
Chicago!