Artem borodulin to vancouver | Golden Skate

Artem borodulin to vancouver

N

n_halifax

President of the Russian Federation declared in the page of Allsport, Sergei Voronov definitely has lost his spot to go vancouver and instead sent the young Artem Borodulin, no matter that Sergei got his place by finishing second in the national championship and Artem only third. :agree:Here is the link http://translate.google.com.mx/tran...u/index.php?id=36081&sl=ru&tl=en&hl=&ie=UTF-8

Wow. I didn't see that coming - but it is Russia and they have enough depth that if someone performs very poorly at Europeans, they certainly have a lineup of equally strong skaters ready to replace them. What a shame for Sergei - I really like his skating! :disapp: Best of luck to Artem as well - I like him - he kind of reminds me of Abt. ;)

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
I am glad that Artyom is going to get his chance. :clap:

This is not only because I love his skating. The fact is that Voronov performs well at home, but at the major international events not held in Russia, he has often had poor results in at least one of his programs. Because of this, I think the international judges have, over time, lost interest in him, judging from the PCS he received at Euros 2010. PCS is the name of the game right now, more than ever.

Because of this, I consider this to be a wise decision on the part of the Russian FS Federation. Artyom is quite young; an Olympic experience will help him to be ready for Sochi in 2014.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
It seems Piseev isn't satisfied with Voronov's work ethics, and says Voronov should work harder instead of relying on good luck and will power.

I'm happy Artem's got the spot, but what a shame for Sergei indeed. They both have jump issues: Artem lips, doesn't have a reliable quad (yet), while Sergei's been struggling with 3Lz and 3F. If only Piseev could clone Plushy.

Is this Piseev's decision alone? Are there some sort of criteria, like whoever finishes is the top ten at Europeans gets the Olympic spot, or anything like that?

SamuraiKike

Medalist
It really hurts for Voronov,,but I can't say I didnt see that coming.. Russian Federation usually changes the entries for Worlds if the assigned skaters perform poorly. It happened in 2007 to the national Champion Griazev after he bombed at Europeans (17th) and ironically the spot was given to Voronov instead that year. And last season Lutai bumped Borodulin out of worlds (oh the irony again) after he finished first of all the russian guys in Helsinki.

That being said, and while I think is a fair enough decission, I dont believe Borodulin could get a better result that Voronov at this point.

N

n_halifax

It really hurts for Voronov,,but I can't say I didnt see that coming.. Russian Federation usually changes the entries for Worlds if the assigned skaters perform poorly. It happened in 2007 to the national Champion Griazev after he bombed at Europeans (17th) and ironically the spot was given to Voronov instead that year. And last season Lutai bumped Borodulin out of worlds (oh the irony again) after he finished first of all the russian guys in Helsinki.

That being said, and while I think is a fair enough decission, I dont believe Borodulin could get a better result that Voronov at this point.

I forget... how long is Andrei Lutai's suspension? Is he able to come back next season?

seniorita

Record Breaker
If only Piseev could clone Plushy.
i hope he does cause i see him coming back with their "blessing" until 2018:sheesh:
for the time being the only plush thing russian men fs clones it is his haircut, but i dont know how much this helps....

Voronov had one good skate in Gothenborg, but his actual skating is choppy. Borodulin flows over the ice. I look forward to seeing Artem in his Olympic debut.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Plus, did you guys watch Russian Nationals? Voronov placed second only because of his horribly overscored short program. Borodulin clearly outskated Voronov in the LP. Piseev possibly considered that, too.

And Artjöm is just miles ahead of Voronov in flair, skating skills, posture... Yes, he is very Russian skater, but in a good way, I think.