Article - Langlois Moved by Totmianina Fall | Golden Skate

Article - Langlois Moved by Totmianina Fall

Vash01

Medalist
There is at least some truth in the COP 'encouraging' skaters to go for more dangerous, acrobatic moves. Figure skaters these days are ignoring the skating part, and focusing on stunts, which are extremely dangerous, particularly on ice. In the 'old' days there was more balance between basic skating skills, technique, lines, etc. which made the sport not just exciting but also beautiful. I definitely see a switch to acrobatics this season, which has barely begun. While cannot place the entire blame for a fall on the new system of judging, it encourages skaters to go for risky elements.

About knowing one's limits- obviously Langois believes T&M did not know theirs., while L&A are 'smart' and they do difficult moves only because they CAN. That sounds awfully egotistical to me.

Vash

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
"About knowing one's limits- obviously Langois believes T&M did not know theirs., while L&A are 'smart' and they do difficult moves only because they CAN. That sounds awfully egotistical to me."

You missed the whole point of the article. L&A both stated that the sport of figure skating is becoming more and more dangerous and that they make sure they have a move under their belts before using it in a program. I don't think they were implying anything towards T&M. They both have the utmost empathy for their rivals. They were speaking in general terms about any pair skaters - including themselves.

"Archetto, 31, of Montreal also likes the new scoring system but acknowledged is has forced the couple to increase the difficulty of their program]It all comes down to knowing your limits.``There's no point in trying something if you can't pull it off,'' he said. ``We changed the things we did this year because we know we can do them``You have to evaluate your training to see what you can and cannot do.''

chania36

On the Ice
At the last Skate Canada, this week end, 3 or 4 pairs missed their lifts, I do not know if it is mentaly or just because of the stress of having that thought in their mind with that terrible fall last week at skate america, because like I said, I saw both short and long pair's program and in the long, 3 or 4 pairs missed a lasso lift, the new one, the commentators said that it must be because they think of that fall because even Anabelle Langlois and Patrice Archetto missed their first lift in the long program, this was their only mistake in the long and by the way, it was a wonderful program and with great potential.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
It's got to be because of the accident at Skate America. I think that it's going to affect pairs skating for awhile :cry:

Vash01

Medalist
It is interesting how a major event can affect other skaters' psyche too. When skaters are doing well, skating flawless, they all feed off each other and skate mostly clean. Same with mistakes. I am sure they felt the shock of T&M's fall even more than the spectators did.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
chania36 said:
the commentators said that it must be because they think of that fall because even Anabelle Langlois and Patrice Archetto missed their first lift in the long program, this was their only mistake in the long and by the way, it was a wonderful program and with great potential.

Patrice is blaming it on his lack of focus... he caught a judge out of the corner of his eye and started thinking about what that judge might be thinking and completely forgot about the lift until it was too late :rofl: lame excuse to stay away from "I was scared of dropping her" :rofl: oh well they rock anyway!