skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley had her baby!🩵😻❤️🦋
A little girl..
Congratulations!!! 🎉
So wonderful! ❤️🌈⭐ I love the name they chose for her. Rosalie Starbird! 🌟 I've been checking Ashley's IG every few days, and here she is!

Ashley's wording is SO first-time mom. We tend to give out the baby's due date like it's her/his birthday. My first due date was December 8, and my little ⭐ didn't choose to arrive until December 19. ❤️

ETA: of course, Ashley could have been referring to a long labor. Either way, Ashley spun it to the positive! :)

ETA 2: I'm fascinated. "Starbird" means phoenix, and the surname was found in USA, UK and Scotland between 1840 and 1920.

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
So wonderful! ❤️🌈⭐ I love the name they chose for her. Rosalie Starbird! 🌟 I've been checking Ashley's IG every few days, and here she is!

Ashley's wording is SO first-time mom. We tend to give out the baby's due date like it's her/his birthday. My first due date was December 8, and my little ⭐ didn't choose to arrive until December 19. ❤️

ETA: of course, Ashley could have been referring to a long labor. Either way, Ashley spun it to the positive! :)

ETA 2: I'm fascinated. "Starbird" means phoenix, and the surname was found in USA, UK and Scotland between 1840 and 1920.
I love the last video of Papa and baby🥰. She’s definitely “fierce” .. like her Mom!

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley had her baby!🩵😻❤️🦋
A little girl..
Congratulations!!! 🎉

I am not up to date on verbal expressions. What does Ashley mean when she says Rosalie has "already mastered serving face"? I figure it's the second picture, but ... say what?

withwings

On the Ice
I am not up to date on verbal expressions. What does Ashley mean when she says Rosalie has "already mastered serving face"? I figure it's the second picture, but ... say what?
Hmmm.... my immediate understanding/perception was that Ashley is comparing (and with a smile :)/ half seriously) Rosalie's facial expression to her Sochi Olympic meme:).... that Rosie is like mommy Ashley...
I might be wrong of course.

Last edited:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's a favorite photo of Rosalie, Ashley and Alex. Ashley looks Madonna-like (typical of brand new mothers, I must say). Alex looks like the tender, proud dad who loves his wife and child. And Rosalie looks like a 10-day old baby ... they grow so fast!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I follow Ashley on IG and it looks like she got back into fitness and skating about 4 to 6 weeks after giving birth. She's made connecting with her body again a priority. I also give her credit for flying to Nationals to do commentary with husband and baby in tow. She is dedicated!

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
How on earth that is possible?!? Rosalie is not yet 2 month old! Then Ashley have to be in really in very good physical shape indeed!
I don't know I havent gone since the weekend before she had Rosalie but she was still coaching the class then! She didn't want to take a lot of time off. I know skate and sculpt pauses in March when the rink closes. She didn't rent out the Frog Pond like she did the past 2 years.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't know I havent gone since the weekend before she had Rosalie but she was still coaching the class then! She didn't want to take a lot of time off.
Since skate and sculpt is Ashley's other "baby" and I'd say it relies a lot on Ashley herself, her name, personality, and ability to motivate others, that's a good business decision.

I understand her decision, but I always wish new mothers would take a 3-month maternity leave if at all possible. Those moments are so precious and fleeting -- and they create bonding. But it looks like Alex is bonding and doing his part.:)

I know skate and sculpt pauses in March when the rink closes. She didn't rent out the Frog Pond like she did the past 2 years.