Attachment of sensors on skater's blades. | Golden Skate

Attachment of sensors on skater's blades.

NymphyNymphy

On the Ice
Smart sensors are widely used in training nowadays. They are thin microchips that are actually not that expensive. Athletes including figure skaters use these smart sensors within their garments to calculate pressure within different muscle groups and to determine imbalances while jumping. Why is ISU not utilizing smart sensors on skater's blades? This will remove so much controversy regarding incompetent judging.
A sensor on the blade will provide real-time information on which part of the blade the skater is utilizing.
No longer can skaters use an inside edge on lutz. No longer can skaters use the entire blade on toe jumps. It can also determine the amount of rotation in the air by sensing when pressure is released from the contact of the blade on the ice and when the pressure re-emerges when the blade hits the ice. This is not high tech anymore. We live in 2018, yet ISU continues to use judges who don't get paid to do their job. I imagine they receive compensation through "other venues".

I really hope ISU radically changes its judging system. With all the pre-rotation, wrong edge, under-rotations going on especially in the ladies events.. I can't believe ISU hasn't done anything to resolve these issues. Professionalize judging and let judges know that their careers are on the line. Axe any judge permanently if they abuse their powers. So many easy fixes to the system yet ISU is unwilling to make any changes. Judges should pass exams and have their grades posted for public viewing. Stop giving random judges with connections a seat at ISU sanctioned competitions.