Ban on Carolina Kostner Over | Page 37 | Golden Skate

Ban on Carolina Kostner Over

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Statement released yesterday by CONI:

http://www.coni.it/it/news/primo-pi...-procura-in-relazione-a-carolina-kostner.html

Now, if I understand Google's rudimentary Italian translation correctly, I think this means that the case against Carolina for breaching the ban by doing the shows in August has been dropped.

If any native speakers disagree with this interpretation, PLEASE let us know! Google's translation was very hard to follow, so I am not sure if I interpreted it correctly.

If this interpretation is correct, at least that is one less thing Caro and her lawyers have to worry about, and they can now concentrate on the appeal against the ban itself.

CaroLiza_fan

Alba

Record Breaker
Statement released yesterday by CONI:

http://www.coni.it/it/news/primo-pi...-procura-in-relazione-a-carolina-kostner.html

Now, if I understand Google's rudimentary Italian translation correctly, I think this means that the case against Carolina for breaching the ban by doing the shows in August has been dropped.

If any native speakers disagree with this interpretation, PLEASE let us know! Google's translation was very hard to follow, so I am not sure if I interpreted it correctly.

If this interpretation is correct, at least that is one less thing Caro and her lawyers have to worry about, and they can now concentrate on the appeal against the ban itself.

CaroLiza_fan

Yes. No charges against her for doing that show. Case closed.

Alba

Record Breaker
In which case, I assume no problem for other skaters who performed in the show, Nicole Della Monica & Matteo Guarise?

The original report said they werein trouble for skating in a show in which Caro performed.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...lina-Kostner&p=1205704&viewfull=1#post1205704

No. It was never a problem for Nicole and Matteo. The idea was that although the events of Corvara and "Pinzolo on Ice" were not organized by FED's affiliates the fact that Matteo and Nicole were there, who are members, could've been a problem for Kostner.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
According to many Italian media (http://www.gazzetta.it/Sport-Invern...-novembre-potra-gareggiare-130370030531.shtml , http://sport.sky.it/sport/altri_spo...ra.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter to link a few), Carolina and her lawyers have reached an agreement with Coni and Wada and her sentence will end on 1st November.

:cheer: HALLELUJAH!!!! :cheer:

But, looking at it more closely, the ban has NOT been overturned; it is just that the start date has been changed so that the ban can finish earlier. So, Carolina still has an offense associated with a doping situation on her record, even though she did not dope herself.

So, although it is good that the ban will be ending sooner, I would still be concerned that the ban could still cause problems for her in the future.

Hopefully it will not.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
But, looking at it more closely, the ban has NOT been overturned; it is just that the start date has been changed so that the ban can finish earlier. So, Carolina still has a doping offense on her record, even though she did not dope herself.

So, although it is good that the ban will be ending sooner, I would still be concerned that the ban could still cause problems for her in the future.

The ban was never for doping or helping Alex with doping. Let's not confuse things. We have already explained her ban what is for. The consent agreement with TAS is that she admits she was guilty for helping Alex to avoid the test and she gets the ban finished earlier.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
So, Say she decided she wants to compete again,

What would the option or restrictions be, And for which dates?

(Assuming she'll have the support of the federation)

Alba

Record Breaker
So, Say she decided she wants to compete again,

What would the option or restrictions be, And for which dates?

As of 1st November her ban is finished and she can compete, do shows or whatever she wants. Or you mean that she can't participate in the GP series? It's too late for that.

(Assuming she'll have the support of the federation)

This agreement is done with the collaboration of CONI, for sure.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
As of 1st November her ban is finished and she can compete, do shows or whatever she wants. Or you mean that she can't participate in the GP series? It's too late for that.

So assuming she wants to, She can go to Nationals - Europeans - Worlds this season already?
Is the federation gonna push for this at all, Seeing she's their only top contestant right now, Top shape or not?

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
So assuming she wants to, She can go to Nationals - Europeans - Worlds this season already?
Is the federation gonna push for this at all, Seeing she's their only top contestant right now, Top shape or not?

Absolutely. I think the FED will support her 100%. Assuming she wants to of course because the problem with the ban was not only that she couldn't compete but she couldn't also participate in many important shows, therefore no financial gains either.

Icey

Record Breaker
The public will remember this the way they want to , no matter what is official.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Absolutely. I think the FED will support her 100%. Assuming she wants to of course because the problem with the ban was not only that she couldn't compete but she couldn't also participate in many important shows, therefore no financial gains either.

The ban was only for ISU-sanctioned competitions. Carolina has participated in many lucrative shows since her ban such as Lambiel's 'Art On Ice' and Asada's 'The Ice'.

The public will remember this the way they want to , no matter what is official.

Yup. And most of the public (and skaters themselves) haven't batted an eyelash over this controversy.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The ban was never for doping or helping Alex with doping. Let's not confuse things. We have already explained her ban what is for. The consent agreement with TAS is that she admits she was guilty for helping Alex to avoid the test and she gets the ban finished earlier.

Don't worry, I do realise that the ban was for the lying (sorry, I worded things badly in my previous comment). But, the offense is associated with a doping situation.

People see bans as being kept for the most serious of offences. So, as she will still have a ban on her record, I am worried that people that are unfamiliar with the situation will jump to the wrong conclusions. (Let's face it, some people already have). And, we don't want her getting a bad name and missing out on opportunities just because of that toe-rag she was going out with.

But, hopefully that won't happen. In fact, I doubt it will because, even during the ban, she was in high demand to do shows. So, if it hasn't dented her popularity with show promoters during the ban, it shouldn't do so in the future.

CaroLiza_fan

Lys

Match Penalty
The ban was only for ISU-sanctioned competitions. Carolina has participated in many lucrative shows since her ban such as Lambiel's 'Art On Ice' and Asada's 'The Ice'.

The ban was for all events linked in any way to WADA-compliant organizations, not only competitions: she can/could partecipate in private shows, but not in shows organized by clubs linked to the federation, ie.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I still think that Carolina's chances for the appeal would have been very good, but I understand that all parties involved profit from this agreement. No one loses face and Carolina can go on with whatever she wants to do.