Battle of the Blades Returning to CBC - Delayed | Golden Skate

Battle of the Blades Returning to CBC - Delayed

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Sounds like it's going to be another great season for this fun CBC show, even without an in-studio audience.

Like Battle of the Blades, the new season of DWTS is also carrying on without an in-studio audience, although I've heard that Tyra Banks is not hitting all the right notes as the new host. I'm not sure why the producers thought Tyra would be the best fit for a host, unless maybe they felt without an audience in-studio that OTT razzle dazzle in a single host was necessary. Tom Bergeron had an easy, competent style in great tandem with his female co-hosts. Bergeron's understated yet competent style was apparently underrated. I get that they probably wanted to freshen things up and bring in a new television audience, since DWTS has been around for a long time.

I noticed that Vanessa James will be returning as a competitor on BOTB:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sounds like it's going to be another great season for this fun CBC show, even without an in-studio audience.

Like Battle of the Blades, the new season of DWTS is also carrying on without an in-studio audience, although I've heard that Tyra Banks is not hitting all the right notes as the new host. I'm not sure why the producers thought Tyra would be the best fit for a host, unless maybe they felt without an audience in-studio that OTT razzle dazzle in a single host was necessary. Tom Bergeron had an easy, competent style in great tandem with his female co-hosts. Bergeron's understated yet competent style was apparently underrated. I get that they probably wanted to freshen things up and bring in a new television audience, since DWTS has been around for a long time.

I noticed that Vanessa James will be returning as a competitor on BOTB:
Also returning as competitors: Kaitlin Weaver, Andrew Poje, and Eric Radford. Meagan Duhamel brings a new vibe as another competitor against her many-years partner. :) It'll be interesting to see what BOTB does via design now, with no studio audience. Sandra Bezic will no doubt have some creative ideas.

The only thing that makes up for Tom Bergeron's absence on DWTS is Derek Hough's gorgeous judging style (and gorgeous suits and face!) Hope they keep him. I am livid :tantrum: about Tom being fired. He added spontaneous humor with just the right touch of "let's not take ourselves too seriously."

Thread hijacked! :dbana:

mrrice

Record Breaker
It's been so long since I've seen live skating. I used to go quite often but, I haven't been to a live event since US Nationals in 2011. This is an event that I would love to attend and when this crisis is over, it is definitely on my bucket list.