Blade mounting mistake? | Golden Skate

Blade mounting mistake?

kikokiko

Spectator
Hey! i just got my blades mounted onto my skates (ice fly+legacy 8) and think that the skate tech may have made a mistake with the mounting? the blade doesn’t lie flat against the boot and instead is like hovering over the top. the back is attached, however their is a space between the blade and boot at the front. if i try to press the two together, they wont budge and so is it maybe an issue with the equipment? i bought both brand new. thank you! i don’t know how to post any photos so i hope that this makes sense! :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hey! i just got my blades mounted onto my skates (ice fly+legacy 8) and think that the skate tech may have made a mistake with the mounting? the blade doesn’t lie flat against the boot and instead is like hovering over the top. the back is attached, however their is a space between the blade and boot at the front. if i try to press the two together, they wont budge and so is it maybe an issue with the equipment? i bought both brand new. thank you! i don’t know how to post any photos so i hope that this makes sense! :)
HI and welcome. Oddly someone else (Or maybe it was you?) posted the same kind of thread a week or so ago.

You're looking at a semi-permanent mount correct? If all the screws are not in, then it's not a permanent mount and will look that way.

:)

kikokiko

Spectator
HI and welcome. Oddly someone else (Or maybe it was you?) posted the same kind of thread a week or so ago.

You're looking at a semi-permanent mount correct? If all the screws are not in, then it's not a permanent mount and will look that way.

:)
thank you for your reply! haha no the other post wasn’t by me, i just got blades mounted today. I thought that they may have been temporarily mounted but the skate tech didn’t mention anything, i’ll have to get them permanently mounted when i go back then! thank you!!