Blades of Glory - Movie | Golden Skate

Blades of Glory - Movie

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I finally rented the DVD Blades of Glory movie. I have to admit it was better than I expected and was pretty funny. Some of it was a little gross - the behind the scenes clips;deleted scenes etc.

Will Ferrell and Jon Heder were pretty convincing as skaters. Will's character reminded me of bad boy Lloyd Eisler and Jon's character reminded me of Johnny Wier.

Anyway, was better than some figure skating movies I have seen.

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
It was a really really stoooooopid film, but that sure didn't stop my Spawn the Amazon Princess and I from rolling on the floor laughing. The Peacock was awesome!
I still don't know how Scott Hamilton made it through his lines without breaking up - I'd love to know how many takes it took to get the commentary.
IMHO, the definitive figure skating movie has yet to be made, but this one was pretty darned funny. It made me like Will Farrell, and I didn't think that was possible!
xoxo
Rave

skamper23

Medalist
I just watch this a couple of days ago! It was a dumb movie ...about what I expected, but I did have a few laughs!!! It was nice to see the skater cameos...Sasha Cohen catching Will's jock strap....:rofl: Scott commentating, and flahes of real pair teams...Sale& Pelletier, Yuka & Jason, and Ina and Zimmerman..even though they cut out John's face! And if you got the DVD the extra features have 20 questions with Scott Hamilton that was mildly entertaining!!

I'm anxious to see this. It's probably borderline to the types of goofball comedies I don't really like but how can I not watch a spoof on skating! My only expectations of this movie is to be entertained--I hope!

Rachael

On the Ice
I loved it! The best part was Will singing "My Humps" with a straight face!:rofl::rock::chorus:

skamper23

Medalist
Did you see the out-takes? They tried that scene with a few different songs! One was Lynard Skynards "That smell" ...There was about 3 or 4 other songs that they tried, but I liked the one they decided to go with!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Does it come in vhs? My next door neighbor suggested we go to a movie when they have my open house and I was thinking I would like it better if we could just rent one for the two hours. Neither one of us has a dvd.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does it come in vhs?
Grgranny, I don't know for a fact but I don't think the movie rentals aren't dealing at all with VHS anymore. The local grocery store might, you might check into that.

Dee

nubka

Final Flight
I was able to buy an edited (cleaned up) Blades of Glory DVD for my 15 year old daughter. We both enjoy watching it, and she, in particular, gets a real kick out of it!

Sooooooo funny!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We saw the movie within two weeks of its theater release, and thought it was pretty funny. :rofl: I broke down and bought the DVD on sale last week. :biggrin: