Boot size two different feet | Golden Skate

Boot size two different feet

Elenea

Rinkside
Hello,
I asked you not long ago about new blades and now figured that I probably need new boots too (pregnancy is a b*** for your feet) My boots are too narrow to a point my whole forefoot goes numb (my feet have spread out a lot)
Facts:
Female 26, 120 pounds, hopefully Axel and Double Jumps again
Jackson Elite Pro 6.5 R (Jackson Premiere Dj2800 in 6N before)

I consider buying the older Premiere DJ2800 (leather 5 hooks) again since the ElitePro has a higher heel (not a big issue but I don't like it either), I don't like the felt of the tongue and the tan laces constantly rip my fingers to a point there always bleeding and I really miss the 5 hook pattern of the Premiere.
I found a shop oversea who still has the leather Premieres in stock.
Problem is sizing.
I went to get fitted in Berlin (paid a fee for that since I knew I wouldn't buy there (they don't have anything higher then Debut)
They recommanded a size 6.5 W but told me that it will likely be to big for my shorter foot.
The difference between left and right foot is 6mm.
I am still unsure of how to read that Jackson size chart... My left foot is 9 7/16 inch which is exactly size 6.5. But does that mean everything up to 9 7/16 fit in the size or everything from 9 7/16 til the next bigger size fit? The fitter couldn't answer me that and he didn't have a size 6 for me to try on.
If its the latter, I am thinking about getting the smaller size and let that boot get punched out.
Then despite the fact that my bigger foot is exactly size 6.5, my big toe is not touching the end of the boot in size 6.5 R and my smaller foot is slipping.
I know that ordering online is always a risk but I don't really have options if I want that specific boot.
It would be great if you could help me :)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hello,
I asked you not long ago about new blades and now figured that I probably need new boots too (pregnancy is a b*** for your feet) My boots are too narrow to a point my whole forefoot goes numb (my feet have spread out a lot)
Facts:
Female 26, 120 pounds, hopefully Axel and Double Jumps again
Jackson Elite Pro 6.5 R (Jackson Premiere Dj2800 in 6N before)

I consider buying the older Premiere DJ2800 (leather 5 hooks) again since the ElitePro has a higher heel (not a big issue but I don't like it either), I don't like the felt of the tongue and the tan laces constantly rip my fingers to a point there always bleeding and I really miss the 5 hook pattern of the Premiere.
I found a shop oversea who still has the leather Premieres in stock.
Problem is sizing.
I went to get fitted in Berlin (paid a fee for that since I knew I wouldn't buy there (they don't have anything higher then Debut)
They recommanded a size 6.5 W but told me that it will likely be to big for my shorter foot.
The difference between left and right foot is 6mm.
I am still unsure of how to read that Jackson size chart... My left foot is 9 7/16 inch which is exactly size 6.5. But does that mean everything up to 9 7/16 fit in the size or everything from 9 7/16 til the next bigger size fit? The fitter couldn't answer me that and he didn't have a size 6 for me to try on.
If its the latter, I am thinking about getting the smaller size and let that boot get punched out.
Then despite the fact that my bigger foot is exactly size 6.5, my big toe is not touching the end of the boot in size 6.5 R and my smaller foot is slipping.
I know that ordering online is always a risk but I don't really have options if I want that specific boot.
It would be great if you could help me :)
Hi and welcome back! IDK who you keep referring to as "If YOU could help me?" IDK if you meant to make this a DM or something and now it's a thread but anyway I'll give my advise.

With your needs and your two different feet, you will probably be best off going full custom boots or rapid custom (if you actually can do the latter to fulfill your needs). Because trying to do this with a stock boot is not going to work IMHO, you are always going to have one boot that is too large and that's not going to be good for your feet. I'm also going to suggest that if you know you are good with Jackson, to try Risport as well.

Elenea

Rinkside
Hi,
I meant "you" as plural, so no one specific, English is not my native language so I am not always sure with such things 😅
The store close by stocks only Risports and Edea and I went there as child (without sucess) and after pregnancy but they are still not working for my really V-shaped feet. It's either crushed toes or slipping heel.
I considered a rapid custom (don't know if you can get two different sizes in that program?) or a full custom, but I don't know any fitter who offers that. I only know that Everglides in UK offer rapid custom boots.

@icerabbit: do you know any fitter in or close to Germany where I can get custom boots?

Since they will be custom I think I don't need to stay with Jackson but could consider Risport, Wifa and Graf too? But then I would really love to get that 5 hook pattern back.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi,
I meant "you" as plural, so no one specific, English is not my native language so I am not always sure with such things 😅
The store close by stocks only Risports and Edea and I went there as child (without sucess) and after pregnancy but they are still not working for my really V-shaped feet. It's either crushed toes or slipping heel.
I considered a rapid custom (don't know if you can get two different sizes in that program?) or a full custom, but I don't know any fitter who offers that. I only know that Everglides in UK offer rapid custom boots.

@icerabbit: do you know any fitter in or close to Germany where I can get custom boots?

Since they will be custom I think I don't need to stay with Jackson but could consider Risport, Wifa and Graf too? But then I would really love to get that 5 hook pattern back.
You could contact Jackson Ultima and they could help you regarding a Custom/Rapid Custom.

Elenea

Rinkside
Yeah I will do that.
Probably order that DJ2800 boot in the bigger size and make it work for the next months. Waiting time for custom boots is really long at the moment and I fear that my to narrow boot will dage my feet.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Yeah I will do that.
Probably order that DJ2800 boot in the bigger size and make it work for the next months. Waiting time for custom boots is really long at the moment and I fear that my to narrow boot will dage my feet.
Rapid Custom wait should not be that long.

Sibelius

On the Ice
Elenea, and any others who might be curious about Jackson:

Rapid custom is 4 - 6 weeks, and I don't think they'd be able to make 2 different sizes under that program (widths, tongues, soles are about it) but you can ask!

Full custom is "normally" 8 - 10 weeks. We ordered a new custom mid May, but there was some confusion with the order, then Jackson closed for Kim Bauer's memorial services, started the build, then they closed for their 2 week vacation. It's due in on August 19th.

Ours is a full custom based on the "2800 Premiere" but in leather, a split width A/C, an LCF sole, a 6000 series tongue, additional achilles padding, and a 5 hook lacing pattern. And for those curious about the price, it's $1,000 U.S. This will be our second full custom (exact duplicates, but for sizing).

You can always ask Jackson any questions. Danielle is always very helpful:

Danielle Larocque
Customer Service for Jackson Ultima Skates
505 Thompson Drive Unit 5, Cambridge, Ontario,Canada, N1T 2K7
CAN 1-800-265-2454
USA 1-800-263-1666
EXT 228
She also answers the emails sent through the "contact us" link on the Jackson Ultima website.

Hope this information helps.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
FWIW and IIRC -----Jackson has changed up how they are doing different levels of customization recently, from what I've seen and heard. The rapid custom is a different level now between instant custom and FULL custom. They are able to take a stock boot upper and change it to what skater needs for their feet w/o going full custom. Same with tongue and heel/soles.

I went to check just now and this is from their webpage:

RAPID CUSTOM​

CUSTOM FIT / COST EFFECTIVE / 2-4 WEEKS
At Jackson, we build fitted uppers that require lasting, sole attachment and finishing. This allows our manufacturing team to start with a fitted upper and modify for an appropriate solution. The Jackson Rapid Custom provides an expedited solution at a lower cost than a Full Custom. Custom modifications can be completed in just 2-4 weeks!

There is more there including the boot uppers you can choose from etc... Information: Here Scroll to Rapid Custom.

christy

On the Ice
I think a lot depends on where you are. Stores I have spoken to in the US and Canada are both saying long delays in getting any skates, and telling me they only have what they currently have in stock for the foreseeable.

Sibelius

On the Ice
FWIW and IIRC -----Jackson has changed up how they are doing different levels of customization recently, from what I've seen and heard. The rapid custom is a different level now between instant custom and FULL custom. They are able to take a stock boot upper and change it to what skater needs for their feet w/o going full custom. Same with tongue and heel/soles.

I went to check just now and this is from their webpage:

RAPID CUSTOM​

CUSTOM FIT / COST EFFECTIVE / 2-4 WEEKS
At Jackson, we build fitted uppers that require lasting, sole attachment and finishing. This allows our manufacturing team to start with a fitted upper and modify for an appropriate solution. The Jackson Rapid Custom provides an expedited solution at a lower cost than a Full Custom. Custom modifications can be completed in just 2-4 weeks!

There is more there including the boot uppers you can choose from etc... Information: Here Scroll to Rapid Custom.
I know they have made some changes recently since being acquired by Sport Maska (CCM hockey). It is best to check with them about what they can do, since I was told the changes they were making were to streamline operations. Great if you can get what you want via RC, saves a few hundred $$$. Unfortunately we couldn't go that route any longer, at least her Gold Seal will fit on the new boots!

Elenea

Rinkside
Rapid Custom wait should not be that long.
I contacted Jackson and for a full custom boot the wait is about 12 -14 weeks for Europe. A rapid custom is about 8 weeks (probably due to shipping delays?) so only a bit shorter.
The closest fitter were I can order custom boots is Everglides in UK, so I have a short vaccation to plan 😅
If anyone is interested: I could get two different sized boots via rapid custom but then I would need two different blade sizes too so it would result in the same price as going with a full custom.

christy

On the Ice
I contacted Jackson and for a full custom boot the wait is about 12 -14 weeks for Europe. A rapid custom is about 8 weeks (probably due to shipping delays?) so only a bit shorter.
The closest fitter were I can order custom boots is Everglides in UK, so I have a short vaccation to plan 😅
If anyone is interested: I could get two different sized boots via rapid custom but then I would need two different blade sizes too so it would result in the same price as going with a full custom.
If the difference is only 6mm then you may be able use the same blade, it would just need to positioned carefully on the longer boot. It's worth checking with a fitter.

One thing I would definitely advise against is trying Aura. My feet are different sizes (14mm iirc) and they failed big time in making boots to fit, because they tried to make the soles the same length and made both boots more than 10mm longer than each foot.

Last edited:

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I know they have made some changes recently since being acquired by Sport Maska (CCM hockey).
Thanks for this bit of info. I wasn't aware of it. As Alanis Morissette would sing, "Isn't It Ironic?" Jackson was until recently owned by Tournament Sports, headed by Kim Bauer, grandson of the guy that founded Bauer Skate. Jackson is now owned by Sport Maska, which also owns CCM ... a chief competitor of Bauer Hockey (now owned by yet another corporation).

It will be interesting how this new business arrangement affects the future of Jackson ... good or bad? Typically when a corporation has multiple divisions, their major concern is which is the most profitable.

Sibelius

On the Ice
I know they have made some changes recently since being acquired by Sport Maska (CCM hockey). It is best to check with them about what they can do, since I was told the changes they were making were to streamline operations. Great if you can get what you want via RC, saves a few hundred $$$. Unfortunately we couldn't go that route any longer, at least her Gold Seal will fit on the new boots!
Well, scratch that last comment on keeping the Gold Seal. Coach told us this morning that there's not much rocker left. Add another $700 to the tab!