Brubaker undergoes surgery to repair injury | Golden Skate

Brubaker undergoes surgery to repair injury

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090416&content_id=63964&vkey=ice_pressrelease

Rockne Brubaker, the reigning two-time U.S. pairs champion with partner Keauna McLaughlin, underwent surgery April 3 at Rose Medical Center in Denver, Colo., for two sports hernias, injuries that prevented the team from being considered to compete at the first-ever ISU World Team Trophy, April 16-19 in Tokyo, Japan.

"We wanted to have the surgery right after worlds so I could heal since next season is so important," Brubaker said. "We would have liked to have gone [to the World Team Trophy], but I would have rather gotten this out of the way and been prepared for next season."

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
wow, i had no idea he was injured. This is insane the amount of injuries the skaters are getting now. Were list of skaters who were not sick/injured/recovering/ this past season can be counted on one hand.

gold12345

Medalist
I don't really know what a sports hernia is, but it sounds painful and I'm kind of amazed he could skate the rest of the season with that. I couldn't tell he was injured at all, nevermind in need of surgery. Glad to see he got through the season okay and could hold this off until after Worlds. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

I don't really know what a sports hernia is, but it sounds painful and I'm kind of amazed he could skate the rest of the season with that. I couldn't tell he was injured at all, nevermind in need of surgery. Glad to see he got through the season okay and could hold this off until after Worlds. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
I believe Plushenko had the problem and did not skate Worlds 2005, and in Moscow. Sad for him.