Canada gets THREE pairs teams next year. | Golden Skate

Canada gets THREE pairs teams next year.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Actually I think Putnam and Wirtz could challenge for that last spot. And so could Wakamatsu and Fecteau if they stick aruond, which I believe was the plan?

Saundy

On the Ice
I'm pretty sure Wakamatsu and Facteau are sticking around. Unless they make a sudden decision soon. I HOPE NOT! I'd have a heart attack!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Saundy said:
I'm pretty sure Wakamatsu and Facteau are sticking around. Unless they make a sudden decision soon. I HOPE NOT! I'd have a heart attack!

Wakamatsu and Facteau are a good pairs team, and it is really fantastic that we (Canada) qualify for three pair teams to compete next season; however, Wakamatsu has not yet applied for her Canadian citizenship so I doubt Skate Canada will be thinking of them for the team that heads into the Olympics here in Vancouver in 2010. I don't know what her future plans are but if they continue to skate she should be thinking of the Olympics and planning to get her Canadian citizenship - otherwise what is the point of them continuing?

Congrats to both our teams for doing such an awesome job at the Worlds. I am proud of both teams!!!

Saundy

On the Ice
Ladskater said:
Wakamatsu and Facteau are a good pairs team, and it is really fantastic that we (Canada) qualify for three pair teams to compete next season; however, Wakamatsu has not yet applied for her Canadian citizenship so I doubt Skate Canada will be thinking of them for the team that heads into the Olympics here in Vancouver in 2010. I don't know what her future plans are but if they continue to skate she should be thinking of the Olympics and planning to get her Canadian citizenship - otherwise what is the point of them continuing?

Congrats to both our teams for doing such an awesome job at the Worlds. I am proud of both teams!!!

She's not planning on getting her Canadian Citizenship because she would have to give up her Japanese Citizenship. She decided this last year sometime.

coolio

Rinkside
Saundy said:
She's not planning on getting her Canadian Citizenship because she would have to give up her Japanese Citizenship. She decided this last year sometime.
Canadian or Japanese, I expect Anabelle to beat them next year. Anabelle is simply more talented and she is already challenging the podium after a year with a new partner.

Saundy

On the Ice
coolio said:
Canadian or Japanese, I expect Anabelle to beat them next year. Anabelle is simply more talented and she is already challenging the podium after a year with a new partner.

Just Anabelle? Umm...I do believe Cody Hay is a part of this team also. It takes 2 skaters to win a PAIRS competition.

dugyiho

Rinkside
Actually, come to think of it. Canada might have the chance to send 3 representatives in all 4 categories next worlds. Let's hope so!

CDMM1991

Medalist
dugyiho said:
Actually, come to think of it. Canada might have the chance to send 3 representatives in all 4 categories next worlds. Let's hope so!

Oh my goodness! Wouldn't that be amazing! E-man is probably the weakest link in that plan! :laugh:, but VERY conceivable if he holds it together!