Competition | Golden Skate

Competition

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
In a couple of weeks I'm going to be competing at Skate La Grande in San Diego, CA. This is going to be my first competition, and at age 52 I've waited 30 + years to compete.
I'll be skating in the Adult Bronze Artistic event. I'm pretty excited and hoping I won't be too nervous. I'm skating to "Black Bird" from the Beatles. My coach choreographed a really nice program. I've only been working on it for a few weeks, so I still have a lot to practice.

UsedtoDance

Rinkside
Good luck! Hope you have lots of fun. I love competing--I think because I like all the attention focussed on me. :)
Make sure to get a video to share. I'll be competing too in a couple of weeks at our Adult Nationals. Can't wait.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Good luck! Hope you have lots of fun. I love competing--I think because I like all the attention focussed on me. :)
Make sure to get a video to share. I'll be competing too in a couple of weeks at our Adult Nationals. Can't wait.
Where are Nationals this year? Good luck to you too. Let us know how you did.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Good luck! I want to see what your outfit and skates look like. :)
I actually have two dresses, still undecided which one to wear. They are both black with lots of bling. I'm actually adding more to one of the dresses. I'm using a scarf for the "black bird".

UsedtoDance

Rinkside
I'm in Canada and our nationals are in our tiniest province--PEI so there aren't a ton of people competing. I'm excited to be doing dance there again even if it is a few levels below what I'm qualified for (in Canada it's all about participation). I think the US nationals are in Chicag?

And what Valianttx said we need to see your dress. What is it like? I love looking at skating dresses.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I had such a hard time finding a dress. I ordered so many. Sent them all back except for one. It has really pretty chiffon sleeves and velvet bodice. I'm putting black crystals on the velvet. The other dress I got at a ice rink that I buy my skates from. It a black slip dress in velvet and sparkles all over it. I bought a sheer one shoulder long sleeve top to wear on top. I like them both.

Can you post pictures here?