Congratulations to Class of 2013 graduates! (high school, college, etc.) | Golden Skate

Congratulations to Class of 2013 graduates! (high school, college, etc.)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Class of 2013 graduates! (high school, college, etc.)

Congratulations to Class of 2013 graduates! (high school, college, etc.) :bow:

Kaetlyn Osmond graduated from high school a few days ago. [Quite an eventful year she has had. :)]
Not surprisingly, she looked lovely in her cap and gown.
https://www.facebook.com/skatecanada/posts/10151688141707039

A few weeks ago, Emily Samuelson and Lynn Kriengkrairut graduated from the University of Michigan.

Who else is a new graduate? Must be others.

Kanako Murakami and Jason Brown, I believe?
Maybe Evan Bates??

vera01

Final Flight
Most skaters who are born in 1995(both Gracie and Kaetlyn) would be graduating from high school this year(unless they're from eastern Asian countries, such as Japan).

I also found this in Adelina's Wkipedia page:
Sotnikova is a student at a school where athletes form about half the student body.[20] She intends to study at the Russian State University of Physical Education in order to become a coach.

So I'm guessing that Adelina also graduated from high school this year.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Most skaters who are born in 1995(both Gracie and Kaetlyn) would be graduating from high school this year(unless they're from eastern Asian countries, such as Japan).

Some elite skaters modify the pace of their education to accommodate their intensive training and frequent travel, of course. [Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)]
I have no idea how many of high-school age do so, but because you mentioned G. Gold, I cannot help wondering whether she is an example. In her Olympic blog published a few days ago, G. Gold gave a summary of her years in skating (along with her twin sister) and said that a while back, they enrolled at a "distance learning" school instead of continuing at a traditional school. I don't remember whether her blog mentioned anything about either C. or G. Gold graduating??

Maybe Forever Fish or another super-supporter of G. Gold can shed light?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jason Brown graduated about a week ago, I understand with honours. :)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My son graduated from High School a few weeks ago, so thank you for the congratulations!

He graduated with a slew of Honors and six different academic scholarships, which will almost entirely cover the cost of his education in Engineering.

OK... I know you weren't talking about me/mine, but I never waste an opportunity for a Daddy-brag!:laugh:

ForeverFish

Medalist
Super-supporter of Gracie Gold here ;) Uber-fan and proud of it!

I think it was said a while ago (don't remember when, where, or by who) that Gracie and Carly would be graduating late, in August, due to some missed school, but whether or not this is accurate is anyone's guess.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
My son graduated from High School a few weeks ago, so thank you for the congratulations!

He graduated with a slew of Honors and six different academic scholarships, which will almost entirely cover the cost of his education in Engineering.

OK... I know you weren't talking about me/mine, but I never waste an opportunity for a Daddy-brag!:laugh:

Congratulations to all the grads, especially Tonto the Younger. :clap:

Ditto re Tonto fils. :agree:
And in the OP, I should have extended congratulations also to all the parents whose love and care were crucial to the new grads for reaching this milestone! I love the moment in most commencement ceremonies when an official of the school leads a round of applause in honor of all the parents.
So glad that Tonto pere has "stood up" among us so that we can recognize both father and son. :bow: :)

Ditto re Tonto fils. :agree:
And in the OP, I should have extended congratulations also to all the parents whose love and care were crucial to the new grads for reaching this milestone! I love the moment in most commencement ceremonies when an official of the school leads a round of applause in honor of all the parents.
So glad that Tonto pere has "stood up" among us so that we can recognize both father and son. :bow: :)

Agreed on both counts. Tonto, congrats for all of your son's accomplishments. Lots of honors and scholarships, and planning to study Engineering to boot: good going on all fronts!

96skiluvr

On the Ice

I also found this in Adelina's Wkipedia page:

So I'm guessing that Adelina also graduated from high school this year.

No, Adelina was born in 1996, which means she just finished her junior year, or whatever the equivalent is in Russia.

vera01

Final Flight
No, Adelina was born in 1996, which means she just finished her junior year, or whatever the equivalent is in Russia.

I thought in Russia, students graduate high school and move onto university or college after their 11th year in school.

Paola D

Rinkside
As a Yuzuru uber, may I write here that he graduated from his highschool this spring and is a freshman of Waseda University now? Even though Olympic season is coming, I believe he doesn't want to neglect his study and wants to balance fs and university.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

That is awesome. Nice work whoever your son is:)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Random add -- not breaking news, but I just stumbled upon this bit:
Vanessa Lam
Graduating in 2013 from Downey High School
Deferring enrollment to Harvard for one year
http://allyearfsc.com/

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
Nathalie Weinzierl (GER) graduated from High School. She managed to squeeze in her exams betwenn Nationals, Euros and Worlds. WELL DONE!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

She graduated this year and made 4/5 on all her exams. She plans to attend college this fall.