Coro ace lite vs standard? | Golden Skate

Coro ace lite vs standard?

amackillican

Spectator
Hi everyone,

I recently ordered a new pair of skates. I'm an adult beginner, 5"7 and 175lbs, and opted for Jackson Debuts with a Coronation Ace blade. I had to wait for the blade to be ordered, and went to pick them up yesterday. When I got home, I opened the box and realized that the fitter had mounted the wrong blades - Coronation Ace Lites. I've double checked my receipt, and I definitely did not pay for lites. My skate shop is pretty far from me, and I don't own a car which makes it even harder to get to. My question is, should I insist on getting the correct blades put on, or should I just deal with it? I know lites have not been recommended for adult beginners, but I'm just wondering what the general opinion is.

Thanks so much!

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I'd be calling the shop and asking what has happened to the blades you actually ordered! There is a shortage of MK/John Wilson blades right now, but that's no excuse for just mounting the wrong blades, even if they are more expensive.

I wouldn't recommend the Lite versions to anyone, beginner or otherwise, unless they are pretty competent skater who actually requires lighter blades for a bona fide reason. As Aces aren't blades for higher doubles and above, lighter blades are usually a bad idea.

amackillican

Spectator
I'd be calling the shop and asking what has happened to the blades you actually ordered! There is a shortage of MK/John Wilson blades right now, but that's no excuse for just mounting the wrong blades, even if they are more expensive.

I wouldn't recommend the Lite versions to anyone, beginner or otherwise, unless they are pretty competent skater who actually requires lighter blades for a bona fide reason. As Aces aren't blades for higher doubles and above, lighter blades are usually a bad idea.
Thanks for your response!

I called the shop and they basically said they mounted them because they couldn't get coro ace standards in, but it seems weird that they wouldn't tell me or ask before making that decision. Anyways, they tried to just get me to keep the lites, but I insisted they order the standards for me, and they're letting me skate on the lites in the meantime since it will likely be months to get them in and my old skates are beyond dead.

A little annoyed but better than nothing I guess!

SK4T3

Rinkside
Sorry to hear.

Please; next time check them in the store and eventually a second time in your car at the parking lot.

Just what @WednesdayMarch mentioned (and you Confirmed) your Coronation Ace's where out of stock (at their importer or supplier).

Hopefully you feel comfortable with the solution your Proshop offered you and have some patience.

There is a shortage of MK/John Wilson blades right now.
Please do you have more information about that? I'm sure I read it somewhere; but can't track it down.

Both Boots and Blades are going +25-30% in (If you can find your correct size (for both blades and boots)). Low-Stocks everywhere.