Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Was googling his return to competition and found this IN article from 2015. Nice to see that he has come full circle.

Carolina, Weaver and Poje, Zhang Hao, Daisuke for the World Podium :rock:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Excited as I am, we must all be very, very patient. Comebacks are so difficult (except for Tessa & Scott!) and the hurdle is so much higher now in terms of quads. Remember what a tough time Mao had coming back. Dai will need at least one stable quad and preferably two. Can he return to peak form at age 32 after a four year absence? It sounds almost impossible, but he is going to try. Let's all just enjoy the process without too much expectation regarding results.

gftn

On the Ice
I think according to his message he’s coming back to competitive figure skating because when he retired he short of have no choice because he was injured, had a horrible nats and couldn’t go to WC which was in Japan. He wants to end his career feeling satisfied with what he can do, hence he’s aiming for nationals this time. I don’t think he wants to get on top but I have a feeling he wants to deliver clean programs as much as he can and see where he stands after Nats.

saturdaysun

On the Ice
What on earth?! I had to double-check the OP to make sure this wasn't some years-old article that got resurfaced. :eek:

iorii

On the Ice
I was half-awake when I scrolled Twitter. Then snapped open my eyes. Checked the date to see that it's July 1st, not April. Reread. Then died.

This is something that is out of that Crazy Prediction thread--not real life.

Yuzuru changes coach to Plushenko? Cup of Shoma, gaming tournament? At this point I'll believe every off-season news.

People on Twitter are tweeting with hashtag #RideorDai :laugh:

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Holy ****. I'm literally stunned. I'm very excited to see him compete again though. Wow. The people behind YoI must be going nuts, didn't they start that bc they were sad he was retiring?

That was because of Machida.

Maybe he could come back as well...

Plumededragon

Medalist
I wonder if he’s going to try only for this season and then see if he continues, or something alike. I hope he does some Challenger competitions and if he’s doing well, he might get the TBD NHK spot, we’ll see. But saying that he’ll be part of the World team is going WAY too much ahead. Let’s see how he’s doing first, the season hasn’t started, after all. :)

Plumededragon

Medalist
That was because of Machida.

Maybe he could come back as well...
I doubt it, I think he announced his retirement from pro skating a few weeks ago to focus completely on his study/career.
Edit: of course it would be awesome, still. After all, we didn’t expect Dai-Chan to make this surprise come-back, lol!

nekun

On the Ice
The Japan Nats this year is in Osaka, the Daisuke land, suddenly I want to dai

annemn

Rinkside
I'm still pretty new to the qualification process - but is he going to have to work his way up from regionals again, since he didn't compete last season? Or can they bye him into nationals somehow?

Wilwarin

On the Ice
OMG I can't believe this (checked it's not April)

Can't believe we have new programs to expect ON COMPETITION ICE

c3zara

On the Ice
Country
Romania
I still can’t believe this!! It makes me sooo happy 😁 Daisuke has been my first love in figure skating but of course there is room for both him and Shoma in my heart.
I also think JO would be a great opportunity for him to come back, but maybe he is ready for NHK

Plumededragon

Medalist
I'm still pretty new to the qualification process - but is he going to have to work his way up from regionals again, since he didn't compete last season? Or can they bye him into nationals somehow?
He’s been away for years, I doubt they’ll give him a bye, but we’ll know soon enough. But honestly, even if he does do Regionals, I don’t see how he could fail to qualify for Nationals. :)

Could he compete at Gran Prix as invited skater?
If he does some Challenger competition and do well, he could get the spot, yes. :)

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Anyway competition at sectionals and regionals is not that high. Sota Yamamoto qualified with a very limited tech content. And Dai will have at least 15-20 PCS above everyone.