Daniil Gleikhengauz choreography | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Daniil Gleikhengauz choreography

lappo

Final Flight
Their coaches and choreographers, just for start? ;)
It's not like I like Gabby Douglas or Simone Biles less because they were coached by the Karolis, or the Russian artistic gymnasts because they are coached by Irina Viner, though. To me, the athlete is the athlete and I root for him/her regardless of what I think about the coach or the choreographer.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
It's not like I like Gabby Douglas or Simone Biles less because they were coached by the Karolis, or the Russian artistic gymnasts because they are coached by Irina Viner, though. To me, the athlete is the athlete and I root for him/her regardless of what I think about the coach or the choreographer.
Good for you. But there are plenty of others.

Kittosuni

Medalist
He is a very technical choreographer. His programs are designed to grab the most points that is why most of his program seems predictable and and follows a pattern that sometimes sacrifices the nuances of a program.

I feel like skaters who are lyrically gifted and already get great PCS scores can use some of his boxed/constricted program to maximize their tech scores. Mariah Bell comes to mind because I feel that yes she is a great performer but most of her programs has no direction. Opportunities to get extra points here and there are being left out.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
He is a very technical choreographer. His programs are designed to grab the most points that is why most of his program seems predictable and and follows a pattern that sometimes sacrifices the nuances of a program.

I feel like skaters who are lyrically gifted and already get great PCS scores can use some of his boxed/constricted program to maximize their tech scores. Mariah Bell comes to mind because I feel that yes she is a great performer but most of her programs has no direction. Opportunities to get extra points here and there are being left out.
"So, Daniil, how many points are you trying to gain for the skater with your choreo?"
"Yes."
;)

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I think he's fine, not the worst choreographer not the best. A bit average maybe.

The approach is similar to other russian choreographers (not all of them), on sticking with 3-4 styles for each skater and never going too far away from those, on how the contents are being added. Serviceable for sure but many programs lack that uniqueness because they are so similar to many others.

- He seems to choreograph to the music for the most part, in russia unfortunately some choreographer do not.
- They (cause i think the entire team should take credit for this) push for difficulty with the moves, with the transitions, with the spins,...

Dislike
- Recycling choreography and moves across skaters.
- Not good at music editing. (not sure if he is responsible for that)
- Transitions often not timed with the music.
- Steps sequence often more quantity than quality.
- Often not much contrast between SP and LP for the same skater, occasionally he tries to bring more variety.

Favourite programs

Daria Usacheva - Please don't make me love you
Adian Pitkeev - Pain / Appassionata.
Anna Shcherbakova - Gnossienne / Firebird

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Danny G's choreo for Moris's SP was amazing! Loved every second of it. He must have been in the zone that day.

Is it true he does most of the choreo for Team Eteri? That's a lot for one guy to do! Is this typical for choreographers? I know Shae-Lynn Bourne does a lot of choreographies, but I can't imagine she does as many as Danill.

He needs an assistant or protege or something.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Danny G's choreo for Moris's SP was amazing! Loved every second of it. He must have been in the zone that day.

Is it true he does most of the choreo for Team Eteri? That's a lot for one guy to do! Is this typical for choreographers? I know Shae-Lynn Bourne does a lot of choreographies, but I can't imagine she does as many as Danill.

He choreographs for pretty much everyone (except for some advanced novice skaters who are choreographed by lower level Tutberetzi coaches e.g. Rozanov when he was with them (can't think of other examples)).

lappo

Final Flight

Yes, that's really a lot of work to do. I tried to count the programs he did so far this season: one for Alina (Outro was already done last year, even though they probably reworked it); two for Anna; two for Daria; two for Maiia; two for Morisi; one for Kamila (plus reworking her EX Storm into an SP); two for Akatieva I think? So far they are twelve and that's not counting the two programs he did for Alena before her departure but I'm sure I'm missing some of them.
By contrast SLB this season has done: two programs for Nathan, one for Mariah Bell, one for Alena, one for Medvedeva and one for Rika Hongo (I'm not counting Marin Honda and Wakaba Higuchi SP because they were both choreographed last season). So far they are six but it's totally possible that I forgot someone along the way.
Either way, Daniil is a busy choreographer for sure as you said.

lappo

Final Flight
And most if not all of what Shae-Lynn has done this season has been so bad. Do we know how much she charges? Daniil is free for all of Sambo.
We don't know for certain but here is an interview with her where she says that most choreographers charge 6000 dollars for an SP and 8000 for an LP: https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/3-entrepreneurs-behind-olympic-figure-skating-stars
I assume this is also the range for her work. Then, I think there are special arrangements when a choreographer as a long and steady collaboration with a fed or a skater (such as Lori Nichol with the Chinese pairs).

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

The FS wasn't bad as well. Maybe people can think a little more positive of him. I don't mean to worship every piece of his work, but I think he deserves some respect and even the critique can be done that way.

Amei

Record Breaker
And most if not all of what Shae-Lynn has done this season has been so bad. Do we know how much she charges? Daniil is free for all of Sambo.

he's not free - his fee is included in what they pay or the Fed bays on their behalf to Sambo.