David Wilson Article | Golden Skate

David Wilson Article

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Good article. It's nice to see some credit given to coaches and choreographers, not just the skaters.

ceg15

On the Ice
Great article. :agree: Buttle's long rpogram this year proves how good of a choreographer he is! :yes:

I really think Buttle has arrived (very musical with body language) and thanks to Wilson for letting him stroke all over the ice which is his style. Arutunian will give him the necessary jumps to complete this skater who will be a podium challenger in Torino.

bleuchick

On the Ice
The Globe and Mail has 2 pictures of him...one on the front page of the sport section and the second at the start of this article.

I have never seen his face but if you want I can describe him:

In the first picture, he looks like a snowboarder....though he reminds me of the lead singer for the Doors!..yup the lips and all :cool:

In the second picture with Joannie Rochette, he looks like Val Kilmer :biggrin:

Last edited:

mzheng

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I really think Buttle has arrived (very musical with body language) and thanks to Wilson for letting him stroke all over the ice which is his style. Arutunian will give him the necessary jumps to complete this skater who will be a podium challenger in Torino.

He still dosn't have consistant quad yet. The first 3/3 he did was original a quad, RA replaced it with 3/3 because he felt it not reliable. His main coach (Lee Barkell) encourage him spend as much time as possible at Lake Arrowhead with RA.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks for the information. I have heard David Wilson's name mentioned many times and never new his background. I think he is one of the best choreoographers around. Love Jeff's program.

doubleaxelcm

On the Ice
ceg15 said:
Great article. :agree: Buttle's long rpogram this year proves how good of a choreographer he is! :yes:

I agree. I would say his programs are Wilson's greatest achievements to date.

I do have to agree that some of his bigger more important choreography jobs for people like butle are very good, but i have also seen a couple of lower pre-novice level programs and even senior programs that were not as good, i even know of one who had to get the program re-done by somebody else because the judges didn't like it.
Skater Girl