Dream scenarios for 2018 Olympics | Golden Skate

Dream scenarios for 2018 Olympics

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
With the new season approaching and especially Olympic season, I thought I'd start a thread on what outcomes we'd wish to see barring any injuries and meltdowns.

Team event

I'd love Canada to win this, Patrick finally gets his gold and both Kaetlyn and Gabby gets one too, that's if they choose one to do the SP and other FS. Russia and USA to battle it out for silver and bronze. I'd love to see Mirai have a comeback season, be on the team and win herself a medal as well as Jason Brown scoring himself another.

Ladies

To see Evgenia have her crowning glory by winning gold with a skate that will be like Yuna's Vancouver triumph, one for the ages. Eliza Tuk comes back to her 2015 world champion form and make the team and even a medal from the team event. Satoko continues where she left off and wins a medal.

Mens

Javi finally wins a medal, hopefully gold, Boyang joins the podium fun and Hanyu because why not! To see Brendan Kerry crack the top 10 would be a treat as well :)

Pairs

I don't really follow pairs but my only wish is to see Harley and Katia make it onto the Australian team.

Dance

I don't really follow dance but love to see Tessa and Scott win :)

What's everybody else's wishlist?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I would love to see Mariah Bell and Romain Ponsart make it to the Olympics together and do the team event. And then sneak into each others team boxes during the team events... i their outfits would match. It would be be so cute and awesome to see the cute couple competing against each-other in the team event.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Canada sweeps all 5 gold medals, starting with the Team Gold, then individual Gold Medals from Patrick, Kaetlyn/Gabby, Meagan/Eric, and Tessa/Scott.
:laugh2: :slink: :bed:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
My dream scenario is to see Polina Tsurskaya, Wakaba Higuchi and Karen Chen on the Ladies' podium, and Yuzuru Hanyu, Nathan Chen and Patrick Chan on the Men's podium.

Also, the team event miraculously gets canceled.

bramweld

Record Breaker
My dream scenario is to see Polina Tsurskaya, Wakaba Higuchi and Karen Chen on the Ladies' podium, and Yuzuru Hanyu, Nathan Chen and Patrick Chan on the Men's podium.

Also, the team event miraculously gets canceled.

Bless your heart. Talk about taunting injury before the biggest competition of your life. It's absolutely frivolous.

Mattieu

Medalist
My dream scenario is

Gabriella and Guillaume win gold,
Aljona and Bruno win Gold,
Vanessa and Morgan win a silver or bronze
Pogo wins Gold!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That Brendan, Katia and Harley, and whichever Queen we send - Brooklee or Kailani - has the absolute skate of their lives, and leaves everything on that Olympic ice. No tears of heartbreak this time, Brendan - please, only tears of pure joy.

That Max gets to have his moment, shining on the Olympic ice like I know he will, and is proud of the performances he lays down there.

And I definitely would not say no to the perfect fairytale comeback, Joshua shining and getting the moment we once thought he might never, ever have.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
That Brendan, Katia and Harley, and whichever Queen we send - Brooklee or Kailani - has the absolute skate of their lives, and leaves everything on that Olympic ice. No tears of heartbreak this time, Brendan - please, only tears of pure joy.

That Max gets to have his moment, shining on the Olympic ice like I know he will, and is proud of the performances he lays down there.

And I definitely would not say no to the perfect fairytale comeback, Joshua shining and getting the moment we once thought he might never, ever have.

I knew you were gonna put Max and Joshua in there ;)

QuadThrow

Medalist
Men: I would like to watch a thrilling competition like in Helsinki this year with Fernandez and Chan going clean fianlly. I do not really care who wins. A double Olympic Champion called Hanyu would make him more than a Figure Skating God...

Women: Not the biggest lady's fan. I am already tired to watch these lonesome Medvedeva competitions. Really want to see a battle between more girls. A clean 3A would push the women's competiton.

Pairs: I hope Aljona to become deathless with the Gold at her 5th Olympics. I think she and Bruno will be incredible hard to beat with amazing programs and the 4Tw. Sui and Han deserve it as well. Would love to watch a medal for J/C or Hao Zhang. He is a pair skating legend as well.

Dance. P/C are my favourits. I hope the SD not be so crucial like it was in Helsinki. The Free skate should be the decider. I think it would be nice if another pair than H/D take the Bronze. Three medals for one coaching team is too much for my feeling.

3flip3loop

Rinkside
My dream scenario for the olympics is to have Mirai Nagasu reedeming herself and lands at least one triple axel in the sp or fs (idc) and have high enough PCS to land on the podium and showing everyone that just because she was a wunderkid who's fallen off the map, she still had the talent and goods but could never put it all together at one competition bc she's Mirai who's super inconsistent like hot mess Sasha Cohen (love her though) oh and I also wouldn't mind if she won a world title after the olympics ya kno but oh well, a guy can dream :)

Sent from my SM-A500Y using Golden Skate mobile app

Tulipstar

Medalist
Evgenia wins gold with two stellar performances. Jin Boyang medals.

I'd like to say more, but I like so many skaters that I want all of them to be at the top:cheer:

Also, Team Event after the individual event. Or have different skaters sent, though that might get some countries in trouble with certain events as they don't have enough top level skaters in each discipline. But I'd love this for the Japanese and Russian ladies, since there are so many who deserve to be there.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Just wondering, was there a similar thread for 2014 olympics? Would be a great flashback. :laugh:

breadstal

Record Breaker
Just need all events to be epic, lots of clean skates. I hope Korean skaters will do well at their Olympics and Yuna will skate as well :love: I hope Marin Honda will get to skate there and will have two, beautiful performances (I'm dreaming for medal but her going clean will be enough) :luv17: I wish Li Zijun could have good skates as well and Mariah Bell/ Ashley Wagner/ Mirai Nagasu as U.S. Olympic team. Sui/ Han for Gold and ShibSibs and Kaetlyn Osmond to medal.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Just need all events to be epic, lots of clean skates. I hope Korean skaters will do well at their Olympics and Yuna will skate as well :love: I hope Marin Honda will get to skate there and will have two, beautiful performances (I'm dreaming for medal but her going clean will be enough) :luv17: I wish Li Zijun could have good skates as well and Mariah Bell/ Ashley Wagner/ Mirai Nagasu as U.S. Olympic team. Sui/ Han for Gold and ShibSibs and Kaetlyn Osmond to medal.

To see Yuna at the EX would be awesome! Apparently the design of the stadium used for the opening and closing ceremony will have an ice rink in the centre ( kinds like Salt Lake City's ceremonies with many ice skaters ) so who knows, maybe something special is planned and Yuna's the main attraction ;)

bramweld

Record Breaker
Pairs;
1. Aljona and Bruno for Gold with Trankov commentating
2. Sui and Han a close Silver (this way they stay in the game for another 4 years)
3. James and Cipres take Bronze ( provided Cipres doesn't throw her off the ice)

Ladies;
1. K. Osmond- Gold
2. E. Medvedeva - Silver
3. A. Wagner - Bronze

Men;
1. Shoma Uno - Gold
2. Y. Hanyu - Silver
3. X. Fernandez - Bronze

Dance; Gadbois sweep!!

1. Virtue and Moir - Gold (vindication for that uninspiring FD from 2014)
2. Papadakis and Cizeron - Silver (keep them really hungry for the next four years)
3. Hubbell and Donahue - Bronze (proving that last year will not define their careers)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
everyone healthy, in a beast mode, attacking their content like no tomorrow

fierce, clean, strong competition in every discipline

memorable skates with lots of emotional impact, no taken only from personal favourites or based on our hopes

solid showing from South Korean skaters:cheer:

lots of amazing costumes (vain, but this is me)

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
Ok I'm putting myself out there. Would love to see yuzuru hanyu win gold again, with boyang Jin and Jason Brown also medaling. Those two are so much fun to watch.
Would enjoy the Canadian ladies having the skate of their lives as well!
I was never a fan of Gracie's, but after watching her spiral down hill am secretly crossing my fingers for a good come back for her. Well maybe it's not a secretly anymore.
I am just so excited for everything to come!