Figure skating association game | Page 233 | Golden Skate

Figure skating association game

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Hi sk8kirsty,

From the first post:

I write a name of a skating-related figure - skater, coach, choreographer, costume designer etc. The next person writes a name of a skater/coach they associate with the first one, with a comment on how they're associated. The "association" can be partnership (I say Torvill, you say Dean), a coach/choreographer relationship (I say Sarah Hughes, you say Robin Wagner), or anything else you can think of. If you're stumped, you can get creative - associate on shared music or signature elements, championships won or records beaten!

So when invisiblespiral named Kaetlyn Osmond, who is always posing with her two adorable dogs on social media, I thought of Alina, another notable dog lover. You can go in any direction, and the thread is lots of fun!

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
Hi sk8kirsty,

From the first post:

I write a name of a skating-related figure - skater, coach, choreographer, costume designer etc. The next person writes a name of a skater/coach they associate with the first one, with a comment on how they're associated. The "association" can be partnership (I say Torvill, you say Dean), a coach/choreographer relationship (I say Sarah Hughes, you say Robin Wagner), or anything else you can think of. If you're stumped, you can get creative - associate on shared music or signature elements, championships won or records beaten!

So when invisiblespiral named Kaetlyn Osmond, who is always posing with her two adorable dogs on social media, I thought of Alina, another notable dog lover. You can go in any direction, and the thread is lots of fun!
Ohh this makes sense now! Thanks!

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Iluvtodd, who was it that Uncle Dick used to call “Cupcake?” Was that Irina as well?

So many things commentators, coaches, skaters, used to do in the dark ages, simply would not fly now.

Then again, perhaps not all that much has changed (I’m thinking of the allegations regarding Morgan Cipres)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Iluvtodd, who was it that Uncle Dick used to call “Cupcake?” Was that Irina as well?

So many things commentators, coaches, skaters, used to do in the dark ages, simply would not fly now.

Then again, perhaps not all that much has changed (I’m thinking of the allegations regarding Morgan Cipres)

No, "Uncle" Dickie called Elena Sokolova "Cupcake!"

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Cello butt costume...

I think he asked her for permission to do that. I doubt that he meant any harm, but I guess that it would be a no-no to do that today!

Oh no I meant it as a phrase Dick said once, something like "She did a spin and then fell which was just unnecessary!" I always thought that was the most bizarre comment...

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Cello butt costume...

Oh no I meant it as a phrase Dick said once, something like "She did a spin and then fell which was just unnecessary!" I always thought that was the most bizarre comment...

I think Uncle Dick said that more than once, it was like a famous catch phrase of his!

But back to the game. As to much-talked about costumes, Anton Shulepov’s current LP costume. Bizarrely, he is still wearing it.