Figure skating association game | Page 260 | Golden Skate

Figure skating association game

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Yes, we remember them as a team. We saw them compete in person @ the 2009 US Nationals!

Seven Sisters

Medalist
That was also the year McLaughlin/Brubaker won the Pairs competition. Remember how excited US Pairs fans were about this team, back in the day? (I bet iluvtodd, and others with long memories, do...)

Then they did inexplicably poorly at 2010 Nationals, failed to make the Olympic team, and she retired shortly afterwards.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ Yes, I do remember that. We actually attended part of 2009 US Nationals (as a teacher, I wasn't quite ready to take off the whole week). I think we got in a picture as audience spectators in IFS magazine @ the time (while they were doing on of their lifts). I felt terribly for them when they failed to make the 2010 US Olympic team (especially as they were featured in those Coca Cola ads as Olympic hopefuls). :cry:

Back to the game - 2009 US Nationals - Amanda Evora & Mark Ladwig had a fabulous free skate to the "Pas de Deux" from "The Nutcracker." Too bad that stupid NBC didn't bother to show it on their broadcast. 😭 Trust me, it was ovation worthy! :cheer::hap10:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ (That was the season of) their "Samson & Delilah free dance! :cheer: :hap10:
That's still my favorite Meryl and Charlie program :hap10::dance3:

Back to the game ... Amanda Evora is Jim Peterson's coaching partner

(now, off to find Amanda/Mark's pas de deux!