Figure Skating Newest Royal Couple: Miki Ando and Javier Fernandez | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Figure Skating Newest Royal Couple: Miki Ando and Javier Fernandez

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well, no point speculating... I'll just wish them joy and success. They both have this indescribable quality that makes me root for them. :clap:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Not really, they've had something going on between them for years. :biggrin: First time they've officially announcement anything though, so it must be serious. Congrats to the beautiful couple

They both split from Morozov. I think they were once his students at the same time.

lbc2138

On the Ice
Can someone please write a book about a figure skating romance that is loosely based off of this???

And it would be progressive too since the girl is a single mother :D

anyanka

Record Breaker
I wonder how they are managing the long-distance relationship? If he's living and training in Toronto, and she's raising a child and performing in Japan, that's a lot of time zones to jump through ...

What a beautiful-looking couple! The skating gossip genie heard our wishes!! :clap:

desertskates

Medalist
Aww, that's great! I'm a fan of both, and indeed, they are a royal couple of skating. I wish them a lot of happiness :)

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I wonder how they are managing the long-distance relationship? If he's living and training in Toronto, and she's raising a child and performing in Japan, that's a lot of time zones to jump through ...

Well, he is a great jumper.

What a beautiful-looking couple! The skating gossip genie heard our wishes!!

They look so happily in love. However, I hope the skating gossip genie does not grant every wish! There would be a lot of :shocked:: and :unsure: and :confused: and :jaw: and :drama: along with the cheers and congrats.

Poice

Final Flight
So happy for them!! Such a great news! I guess it must be something serious :cheer: I wish them luck!

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
They look so happily in love. However, I hope the skating gossip genie does not grant every wish! There would be a lot of :shocked:: and :unsure: and :confused: and :jaw: and :drama: along with the cheers and congrats.

But isn't that what we all live for -- at least partly? Seriously, I hope they stay as happy as they look in that lovely pic!

Last edited:

iceberg

On the Ice
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY JAVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

haha just kidding! i TOO AM happy for them!

Ryusa5

Rinkside
Do you know who is the father of Miki's child ?
The japanese media speculated a few months ago that he's a married guy in his 50's,and he's the president of a sports event company.That's why she kept it secret
If this is true I'm kinda judging her getting involved with married men is a no-no

And didn't he have a long-term girlfriend?What happened to her?

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
The japanese media speculated a few months ago that he's a married guy a lot older than her,around 50,and he's the president of a sports event company.That's why she kept it secret
If this is true I'm kinda judging her getting involved with married men is a no-no
Whoever he is it doesn't matter now. Relationships are always complicated. Let's just happy for Javi and Miki!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The japanese media speculated a few months ago that he's a married guy in his 50's,and he's the president of a sports event company.That's why she kept it secret

Why judge her based on a media rumor? Unless Miki names the father or someone comes forward with a DNA test, then nobody knows for sure. And it's really no-one's business unless she wants to put it out there.

zamboni step

Final Flight
And wasn't she dating Morozov? Oooh...scandalous!!!

Actually from what I've heard there was something going on between Miki and Javier that Morozov didn't like and that's one of the big reasons he left Morozov along with the other ones. If this is true I'm glad they got back together. Either way I hope they're very happy. :biggrin:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Well, I think Miki is happy to be with a man who proudly announces their relationship and the intention for a happy family. May they always be happy, whatever life circumstances they find themselves in.

Franklin99

Medalist
Actually from what I've heard there was something going on between Miki and Javier that Morozov didn't like and that's one of the big reasons he left Morozov along with the other ones. If this is true I'm glad they got back together. Either way I hope they're very happy. :biggrin:

Good for them for making it work again. I'm glad they both got away from Morozov(I never warmed up to him as a coach for some reason).