Funniest or Cringiest Kiss and Cry Moments | Golden Skate

Funniest or Cringiest Kiss and Cry Moments

Joe Mendoza

Virtuously Shady Diva
Final Flight
Just curious...what has been the funniest or cringiest kiss and cry moment you have witnessed in skating? Video clip receipts are certainly welcome.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
No videos I'm afraid, but...

That time Artur Dmitriev Jnr had a bad skate and I honestly thought he was going to punch Mishin in the face. Don't have a video because I can't remember the competition only the moment...

That time Yagudin had a tantrum and stomped off because he knew he was going to lose leaving T Tarasova and some other guy sitting alone in the KnC while the cameras followed Yagudin marching off. I didn't feel bad for either one of them 😈

The iconic moment Nobu burst into tears in the KnC, hey now he feels things... STRONGLY and Evan Lysachek's reaction :laugh2:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not a fan of "cringiest", gotta say ;)

But for pure good hearted fun, Tomoki Hiwatashi's "spit take" at unexpected good news at 2019 Junior Worlds is hard to beat (watch til the end, it's worth it). Start at about 7:00 in the clip, but I hope I set it up to start then:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
The time when Bobrova wiped her nose and then “fixed” her make up with the same napkin. Olympics 2014 I think.

Stepanova Bukin and their “friendly” kiss at NHK 2019. (Not exactly funny, but sure memorable, considering Ivan has a girlfriend!)

noskates

Record Breaker
Didn't Todd Sand propose to Jenny Meno before they took the ice at the Olympics or Worlds? Don't remember exactly the conpetition (obviously.)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
John Baldwin proposed to Rena Inoue on the ice, didn't he? Wasn't it during a competition (not sure if it was @ US Nationals or a GP event)?

In show skating - Kurt Browning proposed to Sonia Rodriguez in front of an SOI audience in Canada. For that matter, didn't Scott Hamilton propose to Tracie in a similar way?

Also in show skating. We attended "Fashion on Ice" in Trenton, NJ in December 2006. Ice dancer Taylor Fitzgerald proposed to Naomi Lang after one of her performances (we saw them together in on of the Family Skating Tribute shows, but now she is married to someone else).

Last edited:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
John Baldwin proposed to Rena Inoue on the ice, didn't he? Wasn't it during a competition (not sure if it was @ US Nationals or a GP event)?

In show skating - Kurt Browning proposed to Sonia Rodriguez in front of an SOI audience in Canada. For that matter, didn't Scott Hamilton propose to Tracie in a similar way?

Also in show skating. We attended "Fashion on Ice" in Trenton, NJ in December 2006. Ice dancer Taylor Fitzgerald proposed to Naomi Lang after one of her performances (we saw them together in on of the Family Skating Tribute shows, but now she is married to someone else).

John proposed fo Rena on the ice at Nationals. I posted an article up thread

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States