German pair Prölß & Blommaert split | Golden Skate

German pair Prölß & Blommaert split

TarAncalime

On the Ice
http://www.eislauf-union.de/Neuigke...flager_Newsdetail_342_kkdetail_view_news.html

the german federation annouces the split of this pair yesterday

they said that personal issues are the reasons for their split, but they wanna go on with new Partners for the olympics in 2018

I think that annabelle is too tall for ruben now and they have huge Problems with their throws and sbs jumps...

sorry for them

That is my POV as well......but I see nobody who could replace Ruben as a partner for Annabelle in Germany :-(......Ruben will have fewer problems to find another partner for pairs. It is just the way it is. I wonder whether they will post internationally and widen their partner search worldwide......even leave Germany in order to pursue careers. And of course, what bugs me personally is the reputation of their coach Fajfr who hasn't got the best ethical reputation with skaters. I hope there has been no incident whatsoever that caused this split.

All eyes are now on Mari Vartmann/Aaron van Cleave with their coach Knut Schubert.......that is a lot of pressure for the team!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such a shame, as they were the most promising Pairs couple I had seen come up from Juniors for a long time.

Unfortunately, although I am shocked, in a way I am not surprised. Annabelle has grown so much in the past year.

When we saw them together last season, it was a kinda weird looking partnership. When one partner is 14 and the other 21, a 7 year age difference is quite big anyway. But Anabelle looked even younger than that - she really did look like a young child. And although Ruben does look young, he looked ancient compared to her.

But Annabelle has physically matured so much since last season that you would no longer have believed that the age difference was as much as 7 years. (And that is also why I was so alarmed any time I saw her hugging Fajfr this season... :eek: )

Before teaming up with Annabelle, Ruben was a pretty successful singles skater at Junior level. And even after she teamed up with Ruben, Annabelle continued to compete in singles (hey, at last season's Cup of Nice, she won the Senior Pairs competition with Ruben, AND was 4th in the Junior Ladies competition on her own).

So, I wonder if we will see them switch back to singles full time.

As has already been hinted at in this thread, Anabelle is perhaps getting too big for Pairs. But, now that she is old enough to compete at senior level, she could have a big future in singles. Let's face it, Sarah Hecken isn't getting any younger, and Nathalie Weinzierl is the only other skater with international experience at Senior Level.

As for Ruben, well with Kevin van den Perren retired and Jorik Hendrickx having lots of problems, Belgium is crying out for top Men's skaters. And Ruben would fit the bill perfectly.

Last season, I started a thread about a local competition in Belgium that just happened to have a livestream. And, looking through the entry lists, there were hardly any entries in the male singles category at any level.

So, although I am upset that this very promising partnership has come to an end, I do still feel that they both have very promising futures ahead of them... just in singles, rather than Pairs.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
it is sad.

German Figure Skating is collapsing.

few athletes, less money, no reputation by society and the government does not allow the German Union to remunerate Ingo Steuer.

Danja

Rinkside
That`s a pity(
They were a nice couple, and their programs were very interesting and unusual. But you could see, that swithcning to seniors was extremely hard to them.
Anyway, good luck to both of them! :cheer2:

JayW

Final Flight
Please forgive my ignorance, does anyone know how to pronounce "Prölß" ?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Please forgive my ignorance, does anyone know how to pronounce "Prölß" ?

Hope a native speaker of German will answer soon.

Until then, my semi ;)-educated guess, based on a year of German in high school:
Like the English word "pulse," except beginning with the "pr-" sound instead of just "p-".​

Trewyn

Medalist
Oh so sad!!! I think Ruben teamed up with a German girl because the support for figure skating was a lot bigger in Germany. But yes, I remember when he was a junior, Kevin said he showed a LOT of potential to become a great singles skater. I would think he's too old to really go back to singles, I mean, yes his only competition in Belgium would be Jorik, but Jorik is not a bad skater and has a triple axel and everything. Hopefully he'll find a new partner! I'm sure he'll look outside of Germany as well...
As to the pronunciation it's hard to explain, but yes, I guess the ö sounds a but like in "pulse". The doppel 's' at the is a 'sj' sound, like in 'charlatan'. (I'm also not a native speaker, though.)

Last edited: