Guilty/Not Guilty

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hope you are feeling better!

Not guilty 😂

Are you afraid of going to the dentist?
Guilty, but in my defence I had a couple of really bad experiences as a child (like on two separate occasions? the anesthetic needle broke when they injected my gum. And also, trust me, dentistry was a lot different when I was a kid anyway)

Are you afraid of needles?

Olly96

Cats, bats & figure skating
On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Not really guilty, I'm very okay with vaccination, blood drawing and have once also given injections to my cat!

Have you ever joked about your/their work/school/practices with your friends?
Guilty here, did just that yesterday 😂

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Guilty! At the rink, club mates, and even skaters who don’t belong to the club but go to the rink regularly, we all get along and joke around and laugh, especially if one’s coach is staring angrily because someone should be skating more, talking less 😂

Have you ever done yoga to help with your skating?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Guilty of doing yoga, just not for skating. But I did notice that it helps with other gym classes/physical activity!

Have you ever been sceptical of some kind of gym class/physical activity but started liking it more the more you did it?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Guilty! And it’s yoga 😂 it was recommended to me to add to my off ice activities to help with skating and I was skeptical but since I trust the source of the recommendation I decided to squeeze it into my already busy schedule especially as cool down activity and I’m pleasantly surprised!

Have you gotten a tattoo or piercing?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Not guilty... yet.
I was thinking about getting a cute little tattoo some time in the future!

Have you ever lost a piece of clothing or an accessory (scarf, etc) during an amusement park ride?
Guilty here, had my scarf blown away during a ride at an amusement park in Japan. And it was above water, so for the scary moment I thought it had fallen there. Thankfully, it wasn't the case and we found it 😊

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
I wanted a gorgeous dragon tattoo on my upper arm but that's something I probably will never have, since tattoos are prohibited and ground for expulsion from the figure skating club here :( (they don't have a problem with my medusa - middle of upper lip- piercing since I can remove it and put a transparent silicone little piece on it and make it invisible if needed)

Not guilty and yes that's something I worry when we go to Fuji Q Highland to ride all the high speed tall world record rollercoasters they have. I remove earrings, make a tight ponytail with something that will not fall and..... oh OK...🤣I just remember something I lost, so I take back the not guilty, but it wasn't on a rollercoaster, it was on top of a mountain skiing. My labret (middle of lower lip) piercing somehow fell. I have no idea why and how. I used to play with it with my teeth/tongue, and suddenly I felt it was gone, with the little piece that goes inside the mouth still inside my mouth, but the jewelry that goes outside the mouth gone. I immediately pulled over to the side when I could, searched my clothes to see if it had fallen in them, nothing. I had nothing else on me to stick in the hole until I could have another jewelry to insert in the piercing hole. Mouth piercings depending on the person, can close quickly no matter how many years you have had them. By the time I was back to our lodging at night, the hole was already closed. That was 2 seasons ago and I haven't had it redone again.

Have you ever had any haircut done that you instantly regretted when you saw the result?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Hmm, guilty, I guess, but only when I was younger. Now I have a clear vision of what I want to be done and a trusted hairstylist.

Have you ever bought any merchandise with your favourite skater?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hmm, guilty, I guess, but only when I was younger. Now I have a clear vision of what I want to be done and a trusted hairstylist.

Have you ever bought any merchandise with your favourite skater?
Oh so very guilty and I love it to pieces. Though I didn't get the ones I really really wanted most.

Do you buy skating magazines or those with skaters in them?

Magill

Record Breaker
Oh so very guilty and I love it to pieces. Though I didn't get the ones I really really wanted most.

Do you buy skating magazines or those with skaters in them?
Guilty. Not only buy but have them sent from the other side of the world, namely Japan to Europe, this makes me double guilty I guess lol :)

Have you ever stayed up till insane hours to watch your favourite skater(s) in a competition or a show taking place in a distant time zone?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Guilty but only if there is no archive option. Otherwise I prioritise my sleep 🙂

Last edited:

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Guilty. And I wouldn't call it insane, but I travelled to Tallinn to watch my beloved Kamila skate beautifully at Europeans in 2022 and had her sign a photo of hers, which is a very important possession of mine 😂

Have you ever met your favorite skater?

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Guilty. Not only buy but have them sent from the other side of the world, namely Japan to Europe, this makes me double guilty I guess lol :)

Have you ever stayed up till insane hours to watch your favourite skater(s) in a competition or a show taking place in a distant time zone?
Oh guilty as hell and I know I am not alone here...

Have you ever stayed up to those insane hours while knowing you have an appointment or something else important the next day for which you have to be alert?

Magill

Record Breaker
Oh guilty as hell and I know I am not alone here...

Have you ever stayed up to those insane hours while knowing you have an appointment or something else important the next day for which you have to be alert?
Very very guilty :palmf: :rofl:

Have you ever named a pet after your favourite skater (or absentmindedly called them by their name by mistake) ?

Magill

Record Breaker
Guilty. And I wouldn't call it insane, but I travelled to Tallinn to watch my beloved Kamila skate beautifully at Europeans in 2022 and had her sign a photo of hers, which is a very important possession of mine 😂

Have you ever met your favorite skater?
Travelling the world to watch your favourite skater live does not seem insane to me at all, if only feasible so congratulations on being guilty of that.
As to your question:
Partially guilty. As for my no 1 favourite skater - Yuzuru - I have never met him, so sadly not guilty
But as for my no 2 favourite skater - Jason - guilty as hell. I have met him, talked to him and even had him taken our selfie for me with my phone himself (a sudden lack of technical abilities on my side, lol, he just volunteered to help)

Jason proved to be such a wonderful human being as he seems to be when just watched on the screen so I love the memory :love:

Have you ever discovered some music (genre or an artist) for yourself because you watched someone skating to it?

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
guilty - I bought a number of movie soundtracks that Todd E., Elvis, & Paul Wylie skated to! Some of them are from movies we haven't seen.

Have you ever got lost in a parking lot looking for your car?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Have you ever named a pet after your favourite skater (or absentmindedly called them by their name by mistake) ?
Not guilty. My cat is male, he can't be called "Kamila" 🤣
Have you ever got lost in a parking lot looking for your car?
Very guilty, more than once

Have you ever overpaid for an item during a travel because you didn't bring your own from home?

Olly96

On the Ice
Country
Estonia
Have you ever overpaid for an item during a travel because you didn't bring your own from home?
Guilty, I believe, but the first thing that comes to mind is water/coffee/any food at tourist spots.

Have you ever had to avoid using social media or watching/reading news, so as not to get the results of a skating competition spoiled?

LolaSkatesInJapan

♥ Kami Valieva fan ♥
Final Flight
Country
Israel
Not guilty. If I can't attend the competition or even watch it live due to time zone in the middle of my sleep time, or in the middle of my practice, first thing I will do as soon as possible is google who won it and who lost it. Then I'll go research where I can watch it later.

About the overpaid item, for me my latest were cigarettes on my business trip to Singapore, for work. Here a pack costs 540 yen. I had some in my bag, but I stayed there for 8 days, didn't bring enough and couldn't believe I spent 25 singapore dollars (about 2800 yen) once or twice a day for a pack of smokes. My coach laughed, since unless it is to China, where smokes are cheaper than here, she always brings more than a carton with her 😂

Have you ever witnessed a crime?