CBC Sports Streaming
CBC Television

Oct 227:48 PMChampionship Figure Skating: Skate America
Sat Oct 233:35 PMChampionship Figure Skating: Skate America
Sun Oct 241:00 PMChampionship Figure Skating: Skate America
Sun Oct 248:30 PMChampionship Figure Skating: Skate America
USA
2021-22 Figure Skating Series Broadcast Schedule
All times Eastern, check local listings, subject to change.

Date
Competition
Time (ET)
Network
Friday, Oct. 22​
2021 Guaranteed Rate Skate America​
9 p.m. – Midnight​
NBCSN (Live)​
Saturday, Oct. 23​
5:30 – 8 p.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Saturday, Oct. 23​
10 p.m. – 1 a.m.​
NBCSN (Live)​
Sunday, Oct. 24​
3 – 6 p.m.​
NBC (Live​

Peacock Premium (live and on demand)​

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Yes I know. Very annoying 😒
Skate America and Canada usually get the silent treatment when it comes to E1 and E2 broadcasting, probably due to said timezone differences. The other four should be better.

That said, I never watch their TV broadcasts anymore. The Player app is available on so many platforms now, so I just have the TV show the streams, and IIRC last year youtube had the streams available, too, so we had more than one option, even.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Have fun @CoyoteChris! I'll be looking for you amongst the cardboard cutouts.

I will be watching on NBCSN and NBC - just put into the DVR. I may also catch the ISU stream via Opera browser.

Is the prediction thread up yet?
No prediction thread yet. I keep looking heh 😈 it’s not so interesting atm, because I wanted to troll it with putting Samsonov ahead of Chen (at some point in 2019 I got very, very tired of how hyped Samsonov was through no fault of his own, obviously, but still) 🤣🤣🤣

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Very interesting looking through the history section.

However, I had to laugh at the way the the Medal Count tables for Worlds and the Olympics were constructed in such a way as to make sure America was on top in all of them.

Pre-division Germany (Imperial, Weimar, Nazi), United Team Of Germany, West Germany, East Germany, and the current Germany were all clumped together in a combined count.

But Imperial Russia, the USSR, Unified Team, CIS, Russia, and OAR were not. If they had been, they would easily have topped all the tables.

Personally, I don't think combining counts is wise, because complications arise. Russia, Kazakhstan and the Ukraine have all won medals in their own right. But skaters from these countries have also won medals representing the USSR.

• If you combine the medals for the USSR and Russia, and keep the other former Soviet Republics separate, it makes it look as if the USSR was a solely Rusian team, and belittles the achievements of athletes from the other SSSR's.

• If you combine the medals for the USSR and all the former Soviet Republics, it makes belittles the achievements of the successor countries.

So, better to just keep the designations as they were at the time.

It gets even more complicated when it comes to Czechoslovakia. All the medals were won before Czechoslovakia split into the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Yet, in the Medal Count tables, they are all listed under the heading "Czech Republic". The irony is, most of the medals were won by Slovaks!

So, it would have been better to just list them under the heading "Czechoslovakia".

Although no skaters representing pre-division Korea or North Korea have won World or Olympic medals in figure skating, I would say the same about pre-division Korea, South Korea and North Korea. Don't do any combining!

Similarly, no skaters representing Yugoslavia or any of the former Yugoslav Republics have won World or Olympic medals in figure skating. But, if they had, I would say don't do any combining.

For me, the only designations that should have been combined were Russia and OAR. Because, they are the same entity - they were only competing under different names because of a WADA ruling.

The interesting thing is that it is obvious that the compilers initially missed one of the German designations when combining the medal counts in the "Most Olympic Medals By Country" table. Because the numbers are correct, but the position isn't. The combined German designations (22 Medals) are below Austria (20 medals) in the table, when they should have been above them! :laugh:

Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Skate America and Canada usually get the silent treatment when it comes to E1 and E2 broadcasting, probably due to said timezone differences. The other four should be better.

That said, I never watch their TV broadcasts anymore. The Player app is available on so many platforms now, so I just have the TV show the streams, and IIRC last year youtube had the streams available, too, so we had more than one option, even.
I've got a grave suspicion that we might not see any of GPs on the linear channels. When I contacted the BESP last year a customer service guy quoted the contract which said something to the effect that they undertake to broadcast the major competitions ie Euro, Worlds & Olympics. I desperately want to be wrong on that account but when I saw no sign of SA on the Sky listings.... :devil:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
To be fair, I am not sure what to make of Eurosport these days, period. Weren’t they supposed to, y’know, quit move all of their content to discovery+ or something?

Tutto

Record Breaker
To be fair, I am not sure what to make of Eurosport these days, period. Weren’t they supposed to, y’know, quit move all of their content to discovery+ or something?
I am not sure either, not happy most of the time with them considering the monies they charge (nice exception was an unexpected full coverage of WTT this year). Right now I am fuming that not only the SA absent from the listings but also the Artistic Gymnastics Worlds this week. I was looking forward to this week anticipating a double treat, a naïve fool! Luckily BBC offers some limited coverage... and I mean to check their Red Button there might be more but unfortunately I won't be able to record those in Ireland

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

We've been talking about this in the British & Irish skating thread. Well, I have anyway.

The conversation starts here:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2816974

You can not take out a subscription for Eurosport Player any more. If you click on the "subscribe" button, you are only offered Discovery+.

However, it seems they are letting existing subscribers continue to use Eurosport Player until their contract runs out.

My current Eurosport Player contract should have been running out on the last day of Skate America. But, because they credited us with extra months because of nothing happening during the first lockdown, it now runs out a few days after the Olympics finish! :biggrin:

I am not sure either, not happy most of the time with them considering the monies they charge (nice exception was an unexpected full coverage of WTT this year).

Aye, and Discovery+ for a year costs £20 more than Eurosport Player for a year! :mad:

I am not sure either, not happy most of the time with them considering the monies they charge (nice exception was an unexpected full coverage of WTT this year). Right now I am fuming that not only the SA absent from the listings but also the Artistic Gymnastics Worlds this week. I was looking forward to this week anticipating a double treat, a naïve fool!

But, you should have realised from past experience that Eurosport never shows any figure skating events from North America on the TV. I guess it would involve paying too many people overtime...

Luckily BBC offers some limited coverage... and I mean to check their Red Button there might be more but unfortunately I won't be able to record those in Ireland

That is what I hate about red button services, and those channels on terrestrial services that are provided via the internet rather than via the aerial. You can't record them. At least the BBC's red button service has got an EPG number on all platforms now. But, that is only in the UK. It's not fair for you guys Down South that you have to manually tune so many channels that are on the EPG up here. Especially since Sky doesn't let you record from manually tuned channels.

These things are here to test us!

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
We've been talking about this in the British & Irish skating thread. Well, I have anyway.
Right… I would have no reason to go to a British and Irish skating thread to talk about Eurosport. ;-)
The conversation starts here:

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/posts/2816974

You can not take out a subscription for Eurosport Player any more. If you click on the "subscribe" button, you are only offered Discovery+.

However, it seems they are letting existing subscribers continue to use Eurosport Player until their contract runs out.
And then what happens? Do they automatically transfer, or…?

I am really curious. I don’t see anything in my account that indicates that my current contract will not be renewed. And the renewal date is November 9, 2021. That’s a couple of weeks from now! So we should find out soon enough.

I really hope my contract just gets renewed, though, or that it gets transferred for the same amount I pay now. I have had an annual subscription at 30 (29,99) euros for many years now. It was a good deal then, and it still is!

I think if it gets cancelled or transferred, shouldn’t they have let me know by now?! A heads-up?

Mauvedreamer

Final Flight

I remember the you tube streams were blocked here in the UK, because of Europlayer having the rights. Managed to watch it via a Russian stream last year, re an excellent fb group. So Discovery Plus yet another subscription!! Nope! Not paying on top of sky. I did hear that Peacock would be coming to Sky ??

pearly

Record Breaker
Hm. I enjoyed the youtube stream. I do have Eurosport Player and I can honestly recommend it for everyone to whom it is available and who is still looking for a reliable place to watch. They used to have free trials, too.

I'm sure VK or Chinese streams will be available as well.