How to watch 2021 Skate America on TV | Page 3 | Golden Skate

How to watch 2021 Skate America on TV

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
For free VPNs with useful locations, I would recommend Windscribe (Canadian), which does have a data limit (10GBs should be enough to stream this event, though) but has plenty of locations available for free and is very safe, or ProtonVPN (Netherlands based) which is again very safe and has unlimited data but only three locations (US, Japan, Netherlands).
ProtonVPN also has a paid option with plenty of locations. Also, I believe the at Proton is actually based in Switzerland, which has some pretty stringent privacy laws, so your data should be fine.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
How so? (I know what a VPN is and use one, I would just like to know why a free one is terrible in terms of privacy.)
As old internet meme said, "If you are not the customer, you're the product."

Apple's Tim Cook repeated a version of it:

Or even older, There is no such thing as a free lunch...

Minz

It's not over till it's over
Medalist
Country
United-States
I recently realized that I have access to Peacock on my Roku. Still learning to navigate it but I only see one listing for SkateAm on 10/24. How do I see the entire event?
Peacock is kind of strange in their search/display functions, but the other events will most likely show up in time.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
BTW, this year's USFS media guide isnt up yet, but last years is up for free. As I watch skating on TV or at a comp, its handy if you want a description of an element, how it is scored, who won US nats 20 years ago, and current bios. Its a 216 page PDF you can put on your phone. (Hanna Harrell was a gymnist!)

Update: The 2021-22 edition of the USFS media guide has become available (as of just today, I believe?).

216 pages again. (USFS public site has non-PDF link below.)

ranjake

Final Flight
I recently realized that I have access to Peacock on my Roku. Still learning to navigate it but I only see one listing for SkateAm on 10/24. How do I see the entire event?
Same. REALLY having trouble with figuring out Peacock. :(

Country
Norway
I´m going to try to find a free live stream. I turn on my VPN if needed. But I will not watch live, so i´m counting on a stream that can be replayed.

The coverage of figure skating is just getting worse with the NENT group. They are not even going to show it linear TV this year either, and you can only watch if you pay for Viaplay Sport which cost 3 times more than Eurosport Player. I did pay for Viasport Play last season but enough is enough. I just found out at they are not even giving us the Norwegian commentators this year at GP, not even for EC or WC. They are going to use the Swedish commentators for Norwegians viewers. They have perfectly fine commentators in Norway, I know they want to do it so i´m just really angry they are doing this. Of course they are just trying to save money. If it´s the same Swedish commentators as last year, one of them have really no knowledge in figure skating and are just throwing in shallow comments about the dress and stuff.

They have literally made figure skating less available in Norway after the NENT group bought the rights, first they make it 3 times more expensive, then they cut the linear TV and now they are cutting out Norwegian commentators.

I´m relieved that Eurosport got the rights for OG and have Norwegian commentators though. I will be more then happy to pay for the player during OG.

Last edited: