If you could skate away on a river... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

If you could skate away on a river...

MaryKate

Rinkside
I love this thread idea!
I am a new skater, but not new to the world of skating...I would like to say Yuna, because she is just beautiful in every way as a skater and for many people embodies what a true skater should be, even with slightly less flexibility and other criticisms. She is also such a humble person, and just seems to radiate geniality. But, honestly, I don't know if I'd want her life, even if she is a legend.
I would probably want to be Evgenia Medvedeva. A young, budding skater with excellent technical skills. So slim and small that most people would probably look at her and scoff at the idea of her doing jumps, and then doing a triple-triple-triple-triple. She has an overall consistency as of late and good control of her competition nerves. I'm jealous of her. And, yes, I think I would take her ultra-competitive life with it; I love competition. She is wonderful at expression and artistry and has great flexibility and height on her jumps. She's a lovely little ball of stamina. Her skating, next to Yuna's, is highly inspiring to me.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Well why is that? I mean show skating working on her artistry and pushing the artistic envelope.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Idid not remember that back in May. I am older disabled and don't recall every answer from months ago. Excuse me. But the rolling eyes is just plain disrespectfully rude. I think the emoticon should be rarely if ever used. Thanks for the cross reference crossover. :(

Sam L

Medalist
I would say Gillis Grafstrom. From what I read, he skated because he loved it, not because he wanted to compete or win. He had another career and skating was almost like a hobby for him (he was from a different time). He was also a painter.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well why is that? I mean show skating working on her artistry and pushing the artistic envelope.

Because she does not want to. Because even though I am far from being a fan of Yuna's my heart ached when it was obvious how much she did not want to be skating in Sochi.

I hope she is enjoying her life without it.