If you were a skater | Page 2 | Golden Skate

If you were a skater

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I suspect many skaters do check the skating forums, or have someone do so on their behalf. Both Jeff Buttle and Joannie Rochette have publicly responded to information posted about them on internet discussion boards. I also heard a tale about them apparently reading FSU at an internet café in France while competing at TEB, but have no idea if this is really true.

Yes, during big events skaters will check in to some kind of forum, beyond the ISU, to check results as they're coming in. I know some that won't use FSU because now you have to join to get information during events, and they simply won't go on a board where they have to join. Has nothing to do with paying fees, they just prefer to remain anonymous.

I also know that journalists use the Golden Skate interviews/profile stories as resources because numerous times in the press room at events I've sat down to use a computer and have found one open on the screen, LOL.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
in STL I had my laptop in the arena with me and had parents and other family members wanting to check up on articles and stuff lol... it was kinda funny when they found out I had an account on different message boards... they could get a peak without registering! LOL