Interview with Maurizio Margaglio | Golden Skate

Interview with Maurizio Margaglio

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Aw, Maurizio.

I will say one thing, he is pretty resilient having survived that death glare. She was overwhelmingly better than him, and he became known as the weaker of the two and the one more prone to errors (which is ironic given he's trained Nikita), but he did improve a lot throughout their partnership and I hope S/K can similarly shake off their early season jitters.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Aw, Maurizio.
I will say one thing, he is pretty resilient having survived that death glare. She was overwhelmingly better than him, and he became known as the weaker of the two and the one more prone to errors (which is ironic given he's trained Nikita), but he did improve a lot throughout their partnership and I hope S/K can similarly shake off their early season jitters.
I remember taking pity on him, If it were me I would die right there on the ice. Or maybe I could have bowed before her and asked for some mercy. (Or maybe he did that in the changing room, who knows). Good to know that he is well-employed.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I wondered what happened to him because about three years ago, he got that contract to help develop Finnish ice dancing (were Susanna & Petri busy?) and suddenly there he was rinkside at Canton with V/M and D/W. Thanks for sharing!

Also, that death stare is still one of my happy places. I often invoke her whenever I'm about to have a tense meeting with someone who I don't like.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I wondered what happened to him because about three years ago, he got that contract to help develop Finnish ice dancing (were Susanna & Petri busy?) ...

Rahkamo and Cocco both seem to have very successful business careers completely unrelated to figure skating.

So yes, I assume that they have been more than busy at their "day jobs" ;) -- and don't want to bite off more than they can chew when it comes to skating-related responsibilities.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I felt so bad for him @ those Olympics (with the "death stare"). Glad that he has moved one from that experience and is well adjusted in his life, skating, etc.

Violetti

On the Ice
Rahkamo and Cocco both seem to have very successful business careers completely unrelated to figure skating.

So yes, I assume that they have been more than busy at their "day jobs" ;) -- and don't want to bite off more than they can chew when it comes to skating-related responsibilities.

Susanna was the head of Finnish Figure Skating Union for ten years -2014 and she has other sport related responsibilities.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Susanna was the head of Finnish Figure Skating Union for ten years -2014 and she has other sport related responsibilities.

Yes. That's exactly why I said that she prob. did not want to bite off more than she could chew regarding yet another responsibility.