Is anyone else having icenetwork blackout problems? | Golden Skate

Is anyone else having icenetwork blackout problems?

waxel

Final Flight
Is anyone else having icenetwork problems?

I am so frustrated. I am trying to watch Cup of China but am getting a blackout restriction even though I live in the US and have a current subscription. This has always been an on-again/off-again problem that I have usually solved by switching to a different IP. Now I can't get connected from either of my options. Honestly I have been a fierce defender of icenetwork, but even the cheap $29.95 pricetag isn't worth it if you can't get connected --- and their customer service and tech support is a total joke.

Last edited:

tilak

On the Ice
I was having the same problem with repeated blackouts, then "error" messages. I was only able to watch just over an hour of Skate Canada. A few days ago I relocated to another state with different internet access & was able to watch video in about 3 seconds after logging onto to Icenetwork....no problems at all, now. So I assume the problem has to do with either location or internet provider or both. But this is unacceptable that Icenetwork is allowing this to go on. :disagree:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had problems off and on starting two weeks ago when I subscribed just in time for Skate America. A week ago, I kept getting the blackout message :frown:, so I called icenetwork.com last Friday. I was on the phone for forty minutes (holding for about 10) to get this straightened out. So far it's up and running, but I'm not holding my breath. :rolleye:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I had a few minor problems with SA. SC was a different story, screen freezing, audio problems, black outs you name it I had it. I was so frustrated that I stopped trying to watch live and decided to just wait until in came up On Demand. COC was for me Icenetwork at its best. I did not have one single glitch. It is funny how the live feed from SA and SC which are much closer to where I live was much worse than COC which is thousands of miles away. Go figure. My fingers are crossed for the next event.

Jhar55

Medalist
YES!!, not only does it go black but often it freezes. Usally I have to close out the screen and reopen. Get very frusrating when your try to watch a favorite skater.
Also had hard time at first being able to watch on my desk top gets better picture then the laptop. Someone said it was becasue I renewed on the laptop which didn't make since, due to the fact I was watching on both to start with.
Another problem I am having I got signed up twice and having a heck of time getting them to credit back my credit card. Email was told had to call did that got conf. number said it would be 7 days well still nothing. Emailed again got the same answer call them. Needless to say if they don't I will not be renewing again.
So for me it's been a BIG DISAPOINTMENT this year.....

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Given what I have read here about icenetwork's service and/or lack thereof, it seems quite funny that large blocks of historic level skating videos have disappeared from public view because of icenetwork's claims. That has occurred because those claims resulted in YouTube cancelling the entire accounts of persons accused of copyright infringement by icenetwork.com, which meant that all the videos posted by those persons in the past went away with the account cancellations.

The largest number of those disappearing videos were not being accused of copyright infringement. It is as if a museum were being burnt down to light one person's cigarette....

The net result, is, of course, less visibility of the sport. It seems ironic that icenetwork has the sole rights to show in the U.S. so much of the eligible competition this year, because some posters who actually did pay for the icenetwork service are indicating that they still did not get to see the events very well, and that their complaints for better service did not elicit desirable responses.

This will all be remembered in the future, and, I think, will elicit scornful laughter. This season may well be remembered mostly for its lack of visibility.