Is it normal for edge tracings to look like flats? | Golden Skate

Is it normal for edge tracings to look like flats?

Hi! This is something I've been noticing for a while, especially when doing the pre-bronze consecutive edges and any spin entry--when I look at my tracings, more often than not, it looks like a flat, with both edges making contact with the ice, but also on a curve somehow. And sometimes on outside edges, I can feel the inside edge grinding against the ice and slowing me down, and if it happens on a spin it totally ruins it. I think it might just be a matter of having enough ankle strength (and proper body alignment, and confidence/trust) to always press through the edge instead of the whole foot, which I'm working on both with my coach and in physical therapy (because my ankles have all kinds of weird things going on). But I do wonder if I'm wasting my time always checking my tracings--should I be paying attention to them and trying to improve them every session, or just focusing on technique and trusting that they'll improve with time?

honosuke

Spectator
Hi,

Some of my friends have let their boots go ahead slightly of their bodies. This have made their edges flatter.

We should land the boots in the center of our chest. To do this, we must bend our ankles sufficiently in-the-air. It helps our edges make deeper and deeper.

I hope this will help.