Is it true that Edeas break down fast? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Is it true that Edeas break down fast?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'm a female adult skater from Germany, 23 years old, started skating last year, height 1,60 m, weight 57 kg (= normal weight). My feet are something between roman and egyptian, I think... foot ball circumference is 21 cm.

I will go next week again to a skate fitter to try on Graf skates. I would love to buy the Ice Fly, but my concerns are not only that they will break down too fast, but also that I have to buy new blades because my current blades are a few millimeters to big for the Ice Fly. And buying Ice Fly and new blades is so expensive 😭 (I'm a med student and I have very little money🙁) But on the other hand, the Ice Flys are padded so softly in the ankle area, that's exactly what I'm looking for since my ankles are so tortured by my Risports...
@emam: Sorry the forum wouldn't let me quote you properly for some reason.
Please do try Graf at the fitter and make sure they are a proper fitter.
You could try Edea but just starting skating a year ago there is no way at all that you would need anything close to an Edea Ice Fly or Piano. Overture or even Chorus by Edea would be okay for you as long as a pro fitter says edea properly fits the shape of your foot.

emam

Spectator
Hi! I am an older skater who has skated my whole life. I have worn many different boots over the years and feel like I can comment on the Edeas. I have worn both the Flamenco and the Ice Fly. They are both extremely comfortable, BUT, the ankle is a very big adjustment! I went into those from custom Harlicks and while they were like skating in bedroom slippers, the ankles never felt fully secure. Edea will tell you that you should be able to put 2 fingers into the tongue, that is how loose the ankles are supposed to be. If you are used to a traditional boot, this is going to feel strange. While I only dance now, I did not find the ankle too much of a problem, but never loved it. Also, they do break down quickly. While I am an older skater who only dances, They barely lasted a year. I am in a Graf dance boot now, and I love them. We skaters are all like the Princess and the Pea! Little things can bother us tremendously, so go to a really good fitter and choose wisely! Good luck…

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi! I am an older skater who has skated my whole life. I have worn many different boots over the years and feel like I can comment on the Edeas. I have worn both the Flamenco and the Ice Fly. They are both extremely comfortable, BUT, the ankle is a very big adjustment! I went into those from custom Harlicks and while they were like skating in bedroom slippers, the ankles never felt fully secure. Edea will tell you that you should be able to put 2 fingers into the tongue, that is how loose the ankles are supposed to be. If you are used to a traditional boot, this is going to feel strange. While I only dance now, I did not find the ankle too much of a problem, but never loved it. Also, they do break down quickly. While I am an older skater who only dances, They barely lasted a year. I am in a Graf dance boot now, and I love them. We skaters are all like the Princess and the Pea! Little things can bother us tremendously, so go to a really good fitter and choose wisely! Good luck…
Your original post was confusing then. You didn't state all of this and what you are trying to accomplish? Are you trying to help the Original Poster or asking for advice, b/c it came off like the latter, hence my reply to you. Which I doubt the OP will be back, got advice and hasn't been back since October.

I will welcome you though! It is nice to hear your story. I am a former elite international competitor in 2 disciplines, currently skating pro.

Enjoy your time here! :)