Isabella Flores & Ivan Desyatov | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Isabella Flores & Ivan Desyatov

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm still obsessively re-watching West Side Story skated by Isabella and Ivan on Saturday.

For me, it all comes down to a comment Adam made (paraphrasing): It's all about the f.e.e.l.i.n.g.s. You want to forget that you're watching technical elements. You want to be transported to another dimension.

I was transported. And Isabella and Ivan got a marvelous standing ovation. I loved both their comments in the tweet. For Isabella, it was like an out-of-body experience. (That's what Jane Torville has said about her and Christopher's best performances.) And for Ivan ... the crowd's reactions "made you want to give more."

Love all of this. Plus ... they're actually dancing, not just doing a lot of very difficult, precise movements!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm still obsessively re-watching West Side Story skated by Isabella and Ivan on Saturday.
6585CD2E-AED7-4825-8F3C-D95B2D6927E6.jpeg
DSC_8103.jpeg
:love::love::love::love::love:

It is such a fun program and everyone in the arena was so happy to see them rewarded. Someone who looked a lot like she could be her sister came down to ice level and hugged both of them on the way to the KnC. It was very sweet.

Last edited:

Pallavi02

Here are links to Bella/Vanya's RD and FD at Challenge Cup (their 2nd competition together last season):

For me, it all comes down to a comment Adam made (paraphrasing): It's all about the f.e.e.l.i.n.g.s. You want to forget that you're watching technical elements. You want to be transported to another dimension.

I was transported. And Isabella and Ivan got a marvelous standing ovation. I loved both their comments in the tweet. For Isabella, it was like an out-of-body experience. (That's what Jane Torville has said about her and Christopher's best performances.) And for Ivan ... the crowd's reactions "made you want to give more."

Love all of this. Plus ... they're actually dancing, not just doing a lot of very difficult, precise movements!
Can u share the west side story link of that video where Adam made comment