ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series 2020-21 cancelled | Page 2 | Golden Skate

ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series 2020-21 cancelled

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
There's still hope for a shortened season, even if the GP events are cancelled. National events don't start until mid December, and only the athletes who aren't training in their country in the weeks leading up to the event would have any issues with quarantine. 4CC would probably be tougher to put on than Euros, but it's also scheduled later so it might be feasible.

Tennis will start up in the next few months, with a similar situation of athletes and their teams traveling to an event from all over the world. So I think by March/April the ISU will have several examples from other sports that can provide guidance on how to put on a major event as safely as possible.

I just had a thought. There is also the 2021 Winter Universiade to be held in Lucerne, Switzerland. It is scheduled for January and covers multiple winter sports. If this goes ahead then Euros and Worlds should be feasible.
If not...I wonder what would happen as these events take place every 2 years.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
An expected decision providing how impossible it is to do anything International at the moment, and I truly hope all the talented and inspirational young athletes will be able to overcome this next challenge of this terrible year with some positivity and come back once the world is a better place than RN. Please, be safe!

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ted’s message was so good to see come up on the twitter. He is my absolute fav guy. I can’t imagine the JGP without his voice!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
During what would have been JGP season:

The ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2017, 2018 and 2019 will be streamed on the Skating ISU YouTube Channel, starting on September 5, 2020 at 12:00 noon (CEST). ... Ted Barton will also be conducting exclusive interviews with some of the athletes who competed during the Championships and will be reviewing the programs of the top three contestants of each event.

https://isu.org/figure-skating/news...pionships-2017-2018-and-2019?templateParam=15 (Aug 27)​

The full streaming schedule is at the link above.

19 upcoming videos are on the ISU playlist for 2017 Junior Worlds:
- 8 competition segments
- 8 "Ted's Take" videos (one for each segment)
- exhibition gala
- new interview with Carreira/Ponomarenko
- interview with Jun Hwan Cha, presumably also new​

ETA (on Sep 14):

Playlist for streaming of 2018 Junior Worlds, starting on Sat Sep 19

Playlist for streaming of 2019 Junior Worlds, starting on Sat Oct 3​

For my own reference, I am adding links here to the *old* time schedules showing the starting orders and start times for each skater.

2017: Ladies SP and FS; Pairs SP and FS; Dance SD and FD; Men's SP and FS.

2018: Ladies SP and FS; Pairs SP and FS; Dance SD and FD; Men's SP and FS.

2019: Ladies SP and FS; Pairs SP and FS; Dance RD and FD; Men's SP and FS.​

Exhibition skate orders:

2017 (with music and unofficial timing)

2018 (h/t to visaliakid)

2019 (h/t to SnowWhite)​

ETA (on Sep 9):

2016-17 SD requirements:
Blues rhythm + additional rhythm(s) of Swing and/or Hip Hop
Blues rhythm for Blues pattern dance + different rhythm for step sequence​

2017-18 SD requirements:
Any number of Latin American rhythms
Cha Cha rhythm for Cha Cha Congelado pattern dance + different rhythm for step sequence​

2018-19 RD requirements:
Tango rhythm with option of of one additional rhythm
Tango rhythm for Argentine Tango pattern dance​