Japan Figure Skating Championships | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Japan Figure Skating Championships

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Congrats to all the medalists :clap:
I'm sure Nobunari will land that quad some day soon.
Takahiko can skate better. Takahito - the kid is on his way up! :agree:

champs

Final Flight
Sad to see Akiko not qualifying for the FS. It really hurts when all jumping passes were marked downgraded and three of the 5 other elements were called level 1. Still seems a long way to climb back up the hill. I read a report from those who went to see the comp that the Fuji TV crew didn't even operate their cameras during her skating, so I won't get to watch her SP even during the more thorough coverage that will be aired later. I hope she will be able to improve her jumps as well as achieving at least level 2 on all her elemets next season.

frozenhell

Rinkside
I am just curious whether there is any complaint from japanese media that Mao got gift from judges because US media used to complain a lot for Kwan being held up by judges.
Lv4 for steps and no edge call for her flutz? if proper call was made, yukari would have held more than 5 points lead over Mao going into LP , therefore giving her fighting chance for national title but her chance seems to be close to nil thanks to those calls. Just doesn't seem fair.

ks777

Record Breaker
Ladies LP(first two groups) starts at 3:30pm Japan Time.... 10:30pm PST

Laides LP(last two groups) starts at 5:35pm Japan Time , 12:35am PST

I hope that helps!

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Well, Fuji TV looked like it was starting it's coverage at 10:30 pst... and then it started showing other things.... is there a delay or schedule change?

ks777

Record Breaker
Well, Fuji TV looked like it was starting it's coverage at 10:30 pst... and then it started showing other things.... is there a delay or schedule change?

I just went to the Fuji tv's website. It says it broadcast Ladies free at 7:15pm time(2:15am PST)

Alberich

Rinkside
Anyone else get the feeling they're trying to hold back Miki? Just me??

Apart from Fumie a little favored, I felt they are quite fair to all ladies.
As for Miki, her downgraded 3-3 cost her a lot while Yukari was clean with her 3-2 and gave an elegant performance throughout.
Miki gave the best perfmance of the season so far and I believe she successfully persuaded JSF official that she should be sent to the Worlds with Mao and Yukari.

Alberich

Rinkside
Pity that Akiko Suzuki was a little nervous and failed to deliver her best.
She is so elegant in all elements other than combination jump.
I love her body movement particularly in her well choreographed step sequence.
She had hard time and I'm impressed by her hard work until she finally came back to National. I wish she is in a good shape in FS. Go Akikko!!

Shaba22

Final Flight
LADIES results

1. Mao Asada 182.45
2. Fumie Suguri 178.59
3. Miki Ando 174.09
4. Akiko Suzuki 173.98
5. Yukari Nakano 172.60